Close
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93
  1. #81
    Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Highlands Ranch
    Posts
    11,075

    Default

    50k libs living in a tiny space that can easily be fenced off?

    What's the downside?
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

  2. #82
    Grand Master Know It All Skip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Posts
    3,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    50k libs living in a tiny space that can easily be fenced off?

    What's the downside?
    I think I'm reading the same newsletters you are.
    Always eat the vegans first

  3. #83
    I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    40,743
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    50k libs living in a tiny space that can easily be fenced off?

    What's the downside?
    I've been thinking about this a lot. I can think of many down sides to living there, but I'm not going to live there so I don't care. Seems like it could make a lot of people a lot of money though. MMM himself is all about doing his own work, but I think most of his followers aren't. Once the reality of having the narrow streets filled with trash trucks, carpet cleaners, moving vans, service trucks, and delivery trucks all the time sets in, electricians and AC repair people would love to have a 50k customer pool trapped inside a single square mile.

    If this ever gets off the ground, I'd look at building a storage unit complex with a few dog wash stations as close as possible. A roof sales person could probably clear $500k no problem when the right size hail storm rolls through. Another let down for the community when the neighborhood is packed with adjuster vans and roofing crew trucks for the next six months.
    When you get caught with your pants down, every holster is an ankle holster.

  4. #84
    Rebuilt from Salvage TFOGGER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    7,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot. I can think of many down sides to living there, but I'm not going to live there so I don't care. Seems like it could make a lot of people a lot of money though. MMM himself is all about doing his own work, but I think most of his followers aren't. Once the reality of having the narrow streets filled with trash trucks, carpet cleaners, moving vans, service trucks, and delivery trucks all the time sets in, electricians and AC repair people would love to have a 50k customer pool trapped inside a single square mile.

    If this ever gets off the ground, I'd look at building a storage unit complex with a few dog wash stations as close as possible. A roof sales person could probably clear $500k no problem when the right size hail storm rolls through. Another let down for the community when the neighborhood is packed with adjuster vans and roofing crew trucks for the next six months.
    Covered parking lots with a shuttle service would also be good. Nobody is going to be happy trapped in their little socialist utopia forever...and the ones that wish to escape periodically will need transportation to the real world. Maybe some sort of car rental/sharing setup would be good as well.
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

    Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

  5. #85
    I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    40,743
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    His hot wife divorced him? I didn't know that.

    There might be an argument of cramming 50k people into a small space if it slightly relieves pressure from surrounding areas and puts less cars on the roads in the real world. No idea if it outweighs having an enormous population of people to further outweigh the votes of those in rural areas.
    When you get caught with your pants down, every holster is an ankle holster.

  6. #86
    Mr Yamaha brutal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unincorporated Douglas County, CO
    Posts
    11,464

    Default

    TLDR; They're proposing a quant European Utopian town and it would never last.
    My Feedback

    Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

  7. #87
    The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washboard Alley, AZ.
    Posts
    42,262

    Default

    Amazon invites A. Occasional Cortex to visit an amazon facility to see the sweat shop first hand. Interesting her saying they under pay employees when in fact Amz starts their workers @ the "Living Wage" aoc and her kind DEMAND fast food workers get paid.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-take-a-tour
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

    Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

  8. #88
    I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    40,743
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The fact that Amazon pulled from New York and cited her and her ilk as the reason, which has entrenched dems pissed, just ads another nail to the coffin of the GND which was never going anywhere. Next we should talk about universal income, which I'm sick of hearing about, but feel like it should be poked and prodded until the idea either dies or thrives. That's for another thread though.
    When you get caught with your pants down, every holster is an ankle holster.

  9. #89
    The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washboard Alley, AZ.
    Posts
    42,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    The fact that Amazon pulled from New York and cited her and her ilk as the reason, which has entrenched dems pissed, just ads another nail to the coffin of the GND which was never going anywhere. Next we should talk about universal income, which I'm sick of hearing about, but feel like it should be poked and prodded until the idea either dies or thrives. That's for another thread though.
    Go for it.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

    Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

  10. #90
    Machine Gunner
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Longmont
    Posts
    2,072

    Default



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •