Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Grand Master Know It All BushMasterBoy's Avatar

Default Advice from some anonymous source...

Encryption with a biometric source is the hardest to crack. A fingerprint will be hard to decipher as it does not use a password in the conventional sense. Off the shelf software will always be breakable. I'd cruise some software forums.

You have any studies backing that up? Biometrics are often easier to hack than many things, because they aren't reading DNA, it's just using software interpretation. They've even been fooled by photocopies.

I highly trust Veracrypt, as a TrueCrypt derivative. Why? It's been tested, you could say.

The Gov't threw all of it's resources into trying to decrypt a TC drive a few years back in a massive treason case. After trying for a year and a half, they had to give up. It's not hard to use either, and you can treat the decrypted folder like a hard drive after mounting it. Microsoft bitlocker? Because of the first word in that title, I'm pretty sure the "right" people could decrypt that in about 0.001 nanoseconds. The fact it has a recovery key is probably not for your benefit, it's for theirs, intentionally. I have a hard time believing Microsoft didn't reach a handshake deal on a backdoor.

Grand Master Know It All BushMasterBoy's Avatar

If you throw in a fingerprint reader, with a retinal scan, magnetic strip reader and a password. I won't say where I have seen this in use.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMasterBoy View Post
    If you throw in a fingerprint reader, with a retinal scan, magnetic strip reader and a password. I won't say where I have seen this in use.
    Probably Netflix...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Gretzky View Post
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take