Close

Thread: Israeli surplus

Gong Shooter

Default Israeli surplus

I've developed a liking for ugly, worn, surplus pistols coming from Israel: Cz75/85, Kareems, Jericho 941, Bul Storm. Are there any shops in denver area that stock them? Also looking for Beretta 92F and 92G. And, does anyone have experience with the above surplus pistols?

Blog Entries

I had one of the Israeli FN Hi-powers. The one I had even had the Star of David stamped into the metal. It had some yellow tape stuck to the side of the slide.

From the research I did it seems the yellow tape probably meant it was a police weapon. Apparently telling the good guys and bad guys apart can be difficult so the good guys mark their weapons with tape. The color of the tape changes periodically so the bad guys never know what color it will be. If you roll up on a situation with a lot of shooting going on don?t shoot the guy with the colored tape on his gun.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Blog Entries

Oh, and I ordered my pistol from Aimsurplus. Finding specific stuff like you?re looking for locally is going to be challenging.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Used to buy, trade, and sell them at the Tulsa Show.
    There is a fairly active community of collectors that would come, but that was a few years ago.
    It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison 1778

BladesNBarrels Feedback

Machine Gunner

You might PM APEXgunparts and see if they have any suggestions as to sources.

O2
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
    You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
    By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.

Gong Shooter

Went shopping today; not one to be found. I'll prob end doing Gb bids. Maybe the C.Springs show has something. I do have an FN Highpower from a few years ago. It also has yellow tape. Love that pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by O2HeN2 View Post
    You might PM APEXgunparts and see if they have any suggestions as to sources.

O2
    ACME Pawn on Academy Blvd had 2 of the CDI imported pistols in their display case a few weeks ago.
    On one you had to retract the slide and look on the side of the barrel to find the import mark!
    CDI is no more, but I believe that DWJ Imports (on GunBroker) continues to import these ex-Israeli Police guns.
    Also, I believe Centerfire Systems was possibly going to have a 100 or so of the ex-Israeli Baby Eagles to sell, you may want to call them and check.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    719-481-2050 Order Line
    3105 North Stone Avenue
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    Mon-Fri 9am to 4:30pm MT
    www.apexgunparts.com

Witness Protection Reject rondog's Avatar

I know nothing about the subject, only that I have a Kareen HiPower that I like quite well. Seems to be a very well made pistola.
    There's a lot more of us ugly mf'ers out here than there are of you pretty people!

- Frank Zappa

Scrotum Diem - bag the day!

I like the Israeli HiPowers, most of them definitely have a been there, done that look but are solid mechanically and good shooters.