Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ha. I?m amune to anything a mosquito could carry. Malaria and west Nile don?t mean a thing to me.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Paintball Shooter

Hey, ChickNorris!

Paintball Shooter

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!! I should probably try to pick your brain a little CavScout'83, since its your part of the world we are looking at. Short story is that our oldest son, his wife and 2 grandkids are moving from Raleigh, NC to Colorado Springs in about 6 months. He is an MD and is joining a practice there. Both he and our daughter-in-law have asked several times if we would move out there nearer to them and my wife is giddy about being closer to the grandkids. We are both 57 and need to work for a few more years, but retirement is on the horizon as well. Both of our boys are grown, we are in a decent place financially and the move is 'do-able', I just need to make sure we can find a place that works for us (me) if this ends up being where we retire. I value my personal space and want enough land that I can (safely) shoot in my own backyard without bothering anyone (I have that now). I've been looking in Fremont Co north of Canon City (an hour or so outside of Co Springs) and every 40-50 acre piece I have seen has an HOA on it?!? I have seen 100 acre plots with HOAS and covenants. Who the hell wants to pay for that much land and then pay some stranger every month to tell them what they can't do on it?? Its crazy. I'll keep looking, but I'm not as enthusiastic about the concept as I was at first. Any suggestions or am I missing something?

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stay away from Fremont County. Very corrupt.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Hello and welcome!
    Enjoy!!
    FHUGETABOUDIT!!!

Grand Master Know It All CS1983's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
    Ignore the guy that said we have mosquitos. I grew up in the gulf coast of Texas. I?ve lived here for twenty years now and I think I?ve been bitten maybe four times in those twenty years.
    Come down east of Fountain. Skeeters everywhere.
    Feedback

"The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914

Grand Master Know It All CS1983's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo1 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!! I should probably try to pick your brain a little CavScout'83, since its your part of the world we are looking at. Short story is that our oldest son, his wife and 2 grandkids are moving from Raleigh, NC to Colorado Springs in about 6 months. He is an MD and is joining a practice there. Both he and our daughter-in-law have asked several times if we would move out there nearer to them and my wife is giddy about being closer to the grandkids. We are both 57 and need to work for a few more years, but retirement is on the horizon as well. Both of our boys are grown, we are in a decent place financially and the move is 'do-able', I just need to make sure we can find a place that works for us (me) if this ends up being where we retire. I value my personal space and want enough land that I can (safely) shoot in my own backyard without bothering anyone (I have that now). I've been looking in Fremont Co north of Canon City (an hour or so outside of Co Springs) and every 40-50 acre piece I have seen has an HOA on it?!? I have seen 100 acre plots with HOAS and covenants. Who the hell wants to pay for that much land and then pay some stranger every month to tell them what they can't do on it?? Its crazy. I'll keep looking, but I'm not as enthusiastic about the concept as I was at first. Any suggestions or am I missing something?
    I’ll have to get back to you later on this. You might want to look east of the Springs.
    Feedback

"The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914

Welcome!

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So are you still looking to move?
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Paintball Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    So are you still looking to move?
    Yeah, we are. Actually have been over to Springs a couple of times, helped get our son and his family settled in a house there in town and looked around a little. Got a chance to meet another Forum Member while we were there looking around Canon Cuty area. We are actually flying in again first part of next week to see the grandkids and look at a few more houses.