Close
    Paper Hunter

Default like advice on a m16 a1

looking at getting into a registered receiver, but theres a lot of good and bad information out there. i think this is a factory colt, so it wsnt converted - it doesnt look like it was rewelded (not sure if that is even an issues with the 9,xxx,xxx sn) but maybe it was refinished? not sure what is going on behind the bolt catch?

Machine Gunner

Hint: Folks, open the picture in a new window: It's a big picture and there's a lot of detail there.

I'm not sure either, but whatever it is, it appears that there's a bit of it on the bolt catch as well leading me to believe that it's cosmetic.

What does the inside of the receiver (next to the hammer) look like in that area?

O2

Ps. This opinion worth every cent you paid for it.

PPs. If you get it, may I suggest a .22 conversion. Great way to let your friends shoot full auto without breaking the bank.
    Last edited by O2HeN2; 03-07-2019 at 10:03.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
    You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.

I agree that it appears to be cosmetic. Hard to be sure from a picture of course.
    Never complain; never explain.
    My Feedback

Paper Hunter

Cosmetic like factory blemish, or he recoated it with some crappy brush on touch up paint and didn’t bother to clean it up?

Who has it for sale and what are they saying about it? There are a bunch of fishy Colt marked M16 floating around. If you are going to drop that much coin on one I would make sure to have it checked out. I have some contacts that I can get the full scoop on it, I will ask around.

Not sure if you have previously played in the transferable market or not but there are a lot of scam and fakes out there. PM the info on it and I will check but for some reason I remember seeing that exact same pic somewhere.

Worlds Shortest Tall Guy kwando's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Who has it for sale and what are they saying about it? There are a bunch of fishy Colt marked M16 floating around. If you are going to drop that much coin on one I would make sure to have it checked out. I have some contacts that I can get the full scoop on it, I will ask around.

Not sure if you have previously played in the transferable market or not but there are a lot of scam and fakes out there. PM the info on it and I will check but for some reason I remember seeing that exact same pic somewhere.
    Interested to hear what theses scams and fakes are. I’m not buying but it’s crossed my mind several ties.
    "An armed society is a polite society when a man may have to back his last words with gunplay."

My Feedback

Apparently there are some Colt marked M16's that came out of the factory post 86 that are registered as transferable. I don't have all the info in front of me as I'm posting from my phone but every few months a few get dumped on the market. No one I know, knows for sure who has them or who is doing it but rumor has it they have a pallet of them.

The scams run the gamut. If anyone is considering spending $7000 on up on a mg do your homework. Ask someone who has played the game what to look for and what questions to ask. Any reputable dealer or individual will have no problem having you or a friend over to look at something. Even then you can still be taken. There are fake guns, fake forms, and fake sellers people get taken in this game all the time you just don't hear about because who wants to brag they just list 25k. All I can say is do your homework before you write a 25k check only to find out 8 months later you got taken.

I can only find a SOLD listing for this rifle.

Be sure to buy it from a reputable dealer with a solid track record. You might pay a little bit more, but when you are dropping 25-30K on a RR, its worth it.

PM sent.
    Weapon out and belly in, Tales told of battles won.
    Of things we've done, Caligula would grin

Thinks Gravy Boats are SEXY ASF! izzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 00tec View Post
    I can only find a SOLD listing for this rifle.
    Talking about this one?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/95723104...ble-Carbin.htm