Close
    High Power Shooter

Default Custom Engraving

I am kicking around the idea of having my TC Encore frame engraved. It will probably be a wildlife scene, deer and elk head on one side, bear and pronghorn on the other, or maybe a moose. I know there are some that do engraving for lettering and NFA, but are there any good wildlife artist engravers on the board? It is just in the planning stage now, as I am still working the stock over. I have been hunting with my Encore for the last 16 years or so, and now I am dressing one up nice, just cause. Time frame would depend on the engraver. If I send it out before hunting season, I would want it back a couple weeks prior. It is a .338 win mag, scope I am leaning towards a Swaro Z-5, but I am still considering a few others. It may wear an amazing Meopta Meostar that I purchased from a member here for a while.

20190314_094552.jpg

Paper Hunter

That is going to look really good. Please post pictures after you stain the stocks and when you get everything done.

Have you thought about having it laser engraved rather than having it done by hand? It might not have quite as much "character" but some of the ones I have seen look pretty good, and I am sure the turn around would be much shorter....

High Power Shooter

It is an exhibition grade piece of curly maple, but it is really hard to get a good picture of it, and they don't do it justice. I'm leaning toward a tobacco spit stain, which should turn a greenish color after sitting in the sun. From what I understand, the closest chemical stain would be chromium trioxide. I am hoping to use an old school way of making it camo.

I'll check into the laser engraving, it appears one of our members does that. I will look at some pictures and see, along with contacting him.

Thanks
    20190314_183000.jpg