Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by asmo View Post
    Mr. Amador was *arrested* not convicted. Further, he was arrested under a state law (FL 790.221) not federal. The BATFE was never involved. Further, the law was dealing with constructive *possession* not *intent*.

Lastly, SCOTUS decided in United States v. Thompson/Center Arms Co. (91-0164), 504 U.S. 505 (1992) that having a bunch of parts together that make up an SBR (or other NFA item) do NOT violate the NFA.
    "The court ruled in Thompson Center Arms' favor in that the carbine conversion kit did not constitute a short-barreled rifle, primarily because the kit contained both the stock and the 16-inch barrel."

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/bardwell/thompson.txt

From BATF FFL Newsletter 1991 Vol. 1
    Soo, what was the outcome of this legal battle?
    Inquisitive minds want to know...
    NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Quote Originally Posted by bellavite1 View Post
    Soo, what was the outcome of this legal battle?
    Inquisitive minds want to know...
    For the Amador case, if I remember right it was dismissed. But that was 10 years ago.

For the SCOTUS case that throws out any constructive intent (and most possession issues) I literally included the link to the SCOTUS opinion.
    What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?
    -- Ayn Rand, Anthem (Chapter 11)

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asmo View Post
    For the Amador case, if I remember right it was dismissed. But that was 10 years ago.

For the SCOTUS case that throws out any constructive intent (and most possession issues) I literally included the link to the SCOTUS opinion.
    The question, even though it was dismissed. How much money did it cost the defendant ?
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .