Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paper Hunter

Default Now the state is getting into the insurance business

even though we voted down single payer. Prepare you wallets accordingly - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...surance-option

Because nobody does things cheaper and more effective than Gov.
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor. Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselor.
    NRA Range Safety Officer for BSA and Local Shoot Events. Contact Me. POST Certified.

KING: [Watching the ambush party leave into the jungle] I'm glad I ain't going with them. Somewhere out there is the beast and he hungry tonight.
    Platoon 1986
    NO RANGE FOR YOU!!!.....NEXT!!!

Doesn't sound like single payor, seems that the state will get into the insurance business by offering their own plan.

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by whitewalrus View Post
    Doesn't sound like single payor, seems that the state will get into the insurance business by offering their own plan.
    Which is way outside of their wheelhouse. And that's beside the point that everything the gov't touches to 'help' only makes the situation worse whereupon they double down and force everyone into it.

Quote Originally Posted by avandelay View Post
    Which is way outside of their wheelhouse. And that's beside the point that everything the gov't touches to 'help' only makes the situation worse whereupon they double down and force everyone into it.
    Yup.

Article says they have yet to solidify funding sources. My money is on partially taxpayer subsidized. There is no way to realize lesser costs with the same standards (thanks ACA!).

ETA: I wonder if, knowing they would fail at a full frontal TABOR assault, the plan isn't just to push the state into financial crisis and then come running to voters? Of course the taxes are not authorized but they don't need authorization for the spending.

Saw a tweet yesterday (can't confirm) that there are 300 bills Dems are trying to push through in this session. They were talking about making all staff work Sat & Sun to try and do it.
    Last edited by Skip; 04-24-2019 at 13:38.
    Always eat the vegans first

A government overreach into a private sector? Can't say I'm the least bit surprised...

Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it possible CO could get worse than CA? It's almost as if it's become a challenge.
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

We'll all pay for it, one way or another.

If the state can push out the free market, then that pivot to single payer is really easy.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Guns View Post
    Is it possible CO could get worse than CA? It's almost as if it's become a challenge.
    That's the dream actually. I've always wanted to live in Southern California... Geographically speaking of course. They're taking their state back recently & meanwhile Colorado is plunging off the deep end. Hopefully CA reverses their crazy laws so that Californians feel unsafe & sell their homes in record numbers to move to their new safe space: Colorado. This will cause home prices here to go up even more than they have been so we get maximum money for our place. I can then buy a deeply discounted home in CA on account of the rats fleeing ship & all. By the time this all pans out California will have taken their state back & who the hell knows where Colorado will be. Picture Boulder from Wyoming to New Mexico basically.

That's how the dream goes anyway. No more snow plus RWD & motorcycles year 'round!

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    That's the dream actually. I've always wanted to live in Southern California... Geographically speaking of course. They're taking their state back recently & meanwhile Colorado is plunging off the deep end. Hopefully CA reverses their crazy laws so that Californians feel unsafe & sell their homes in record numbers to move to their new safe space: Colorado. This will cause home prices here to go up even more than they have been so we get maximum money for our place. I can then buy a deeply discounted home in CA on account of the rats fleeing ship & all. By the time this all pans out California will have taken their state back & who the hell knows where Colorado will be. Picture Boulder from Wyoming to New Mexico basically.

That's how the dream goes anyway. No more snow plus RWD & motorcycles year 'round!

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
    Wow, we have the same dream, except I'll always own a 4x4 because I like to play in the hills.