Close
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    High Power Shooter battle_sight_zero's Avatar

Default *CONFIRMED SEE PAGE 7* Littleton PD Requesting online-uploads of video for firearms transactions

Have not been on in while. However something I saw at a local gunshop has my hackles up. Apparently local law enforcement under the guise of Colorado Government is now requiring gunstores that have consignments to place q government provided camera that records audio and video of the person placing the firearm on consignment. I have been told pawn shops do this of pawned items but the law was changed to include gunstores. My issue is that Colorado Government is now providing a camera with and audio Jack. This data per the FFL is then sent to a 3rd party server contracted with the State of Colorado. Tried to post this on the recall Polis site but I guess this government overstep is ok with them.

Is this a Boulder thing?
    Deplorable millennial born 30 years too late

Yes you work at FFL. I guess you have not been visited yet. Do you do cosignments? Screenshot_20190513-162119_Gallery.jpg

Picture attached from local FFL. FFL well known to many will be closing because of this. They wish to stay off radar until store closing.

Which CRS is requiring this?

High Power Shooter

I guess I will ask Ross tomorrow at Gunsport- I have been frequenting them since I was a sophomore at Boulder High in the early 90's. My search of Boulder City ordnances yielded nothing about video/audio of firearm consignments.
    Last edited by .455_Hunter; 05-13-2019 at 21:32.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this similar to the state provided cameras over at Blue Core? Do they still have those? I guess they told me that they were Lakewood PD cameras if I remember correctly. That was about 10 years ago now though.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If this is the case, I sure can't find anything on it. I doubt a local law/ordinance would fly with Colorado's preemption law. Color me skeptical.
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

This happened last Thursday. I am not in a Boulder but in the south metro area. More information will come out soon as the FFL makes it announcement of closing. Cant blame them since consignments are their bread and butter. They dont feel this is right. You are correct Bailey however someone's up to no good. Picture is the explanation they were given. Nothing in the code covers cameras etc.Screenshot_20190513-222238_Gallery.jpg
    Last edited by battle_sight_zero; 05-13-2019 at 22:27.

If the code doesn't support them requiring cameras, they cannot require cameras.