Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
    They aren?t the only ones. I?ve heard stories of problems with the Beretta M9 that were caused by government contract magazines from Checkmate.

I actually have first hand experience with a couple of crappy Sig (Checkmate) magazines that caused me quite a few feed issues. The same pistol ran like a well oiled machine on the Mec-Gars- both Sig branded and non-Sig branded.
    Same I've heard elsewhere, many, many times.

Now explain the logic of pairing a $900 NIB gun with Checkmate mags? You can't unless you're Ron Cohen genius.

I am curious who is making the OEM mags for the P320/M17/M18 though. They don't seem to be having these issues.
    Always eat the vegans first

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

And since you mentioned the Sig, I?m going to have to post up a gratuitous picture of mine.

I see your anchor rollmark with a FDE anchor rollmark:

...and raise you one Legion SAO:

Family photo:

Last edited by Jer; 05-25-2019 at 15:34.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

All these colors... how come I don't see any Stainless Elites? I know they are unicorns and usually have to be factory ordered. Finally why is the Stainless Elite in 40S&W $300 less than the 9mm version??
    I say lets all remove the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Osprey View Post
    Finally why is the Stainless Elite in 40S&W $300 less than the 9mm version??
    Because nobody wants the 40 anymore. People have finally realized that there is no big ?stopping power? advantage with any particular handgun caliber these days. All you gain with a 40 over a 9 is reduced capacity, more recoil, higher priced ammunition, and accelerated wear and tear on your pistol.

That being said, law enforcement is dumping their 40?s to switch back to the 9mm almost across the board so there are great deals to be had right now on used pistols. Pretty sure I?ve seen LE trade-in Sigs in 40 for around $300-$400.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Grand Master Know It All MrPrena's Avatar

One of the pistols which I don't mind having in 40sw.
    Heavy but fun to shoot.
    Used market are flooded with good p229 226 and 220. Buy srt for 45 to 50 and it would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I see your anchor rollmark with a FDE anchor rollmark:

...and raise you one Legion SAO:

Family photo:
    Now which one do you like better; the MK25 or the PFC (Legion)?

The Gray Guns trigger seems appealing.

Because nobody wants the 40 anymore. People have finally realized that there is no big ?stopping power? advantage with any particular handgun caliber these days. All you gain with a 40 over a 9 is reduced capacity, more recoil, higher priced ammunition, and accelerated wear and tear on your pistol.

That being said, law enforcement is dumping their 40?s to switch back to the 9mm almost across the board so there are great deals to be had right now on used pistols. Pretty sure I?ve seen LE trade-in Sigs in 40 for around $300-$400.
    I have three P226s in .40SW and would love to convert them all to 9MM just so I can get into a single caliber. But then there's the P239 too. I have these guns in 9MM but don't want these older .40SW guns to become useless. I occasionally shoot .357SIG out of these guns as well but don't carry it.

Yeah, I don't think there's any reason to get into .40SW unless you are already shooting it. I guess further mag restrictions might change my mind.

If you look at all the new stuff coming out, like the P365, it's all going to be 9MM.

Sigs are definitely one of my favorite pistols out there, my only issue is I will likely never carry them (tried with a couple different P224's, just too God awful heavy), and if I won't carry it, I rarely keep them around. Perhaps I'll try and get into a cheap 229 in 40 s&w.

Quote Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
    Sigs are definitely one of my favorite pistols out there, my only issue is I will likely never carry them (tried with a couple different P224's, just too God awful heavy), and if I won't carry it, I rarely keep them around. Perhaps I'll try and get into a cheap 229 in 40 s&w.
    The P224 seemed so awkward to me too and I IWB carried a P226 for two years and now AIWB a P239. It just wasn't well balanced.

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Now which one do you like better; the MK25 or the PFC (Legion)?

The Gray Guns trigger seems appealing.
    Legion. Far superior trigger.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    The P224 seemed so awkward to me too and I IWB carried a P226 for two years and now AIWB a P239. It just wasn't well balanced.
    Definitely awkward, I had an M11 (newer version) and it seemed to carry better than the 224.