Close
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Sig p226 thoughts.

Its old it was the kind they used in the movie "The Line of Fire". I am trading a Gen4 G17 for it. What are your thoughts?
    Its still staying in the family and we agreed to trade it back instead of selling it. He can't buy new guns whenever he wants to. He has one of those wives that tell him no and threaten to divorce him if he gets a gun or buys a bullet. So we are just horse trading. I know he is getting a better deal but it seemed like the right thing to do. It just sits in his safe and I shoot my guns.
    Anyway. What do you think about the p226 and is there anything I should know about them?
    As always. Thanks for your time and any help you can provide.
    Who are you to want to escape a thugs bullet? That is only a personal prejudice, ( Atlas Shrugged)
    "Those that don't watch the old media are uninformed, those that do watch the old media are misinformed." - Mark Twain

I’m not convinced he’s getting the better deal. The 226 fits me better than the Glock, with a better natural point of aim. I’m a fan. Not any real secrets to share, they work as they’re designed.

Blog Entries

Whichever one of you is getting the Sig is definitely getting the better deal.

I only have one 226 but it?s one of the few firearms I likely won?t ever part with.

It?s big, it?s heavy, and I never carry it but it?s smooth as butter and is a real tack driver and just seems put together with some semblance of precision. It?s probably my favorite handgun to shoot.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Blog Entries

And since you mentioned the Sig, I?m going to have to post up a gratuitous picture of mine.

My Feedback

Paper Hunter

I recently bought a P226 elite enhanced and shot it in a class last weekend. I?ve always been a Glock guy but wanted to try the DA/SA system for an added layer of safety for a pistol that rides on my nightstand. The Sig feels fantastic in my hand, and feels better built than a Glock. I don?t know if this translates to better accuracy.

The pistol ran great through the class, with the exception of a problem between my grip and the slide catch lever. With a thumbs forward, high grip, my right thumb rests directly on the lever and keeps the slide from locking back after the last shot. The Legion P226?s use a smaller lever that I?m going to try to see if it alleviates the problem.

Unfortunately the class was an ?Israeli style/unloaded chamber in holster class?, which means you draw/rack the pistol every time, so it meant I was always shooting SA and didn?t get to try out the DA trigger. The SA trigger is great (I?m used to Glock triggers), very fast.

P226?s are more expensive than G17?s, so I would say this trade is in your favor.

I forgot to mention what is coming with the sig.
    2 magazines and the box.
    What is going with the Glock.
    4 magazines a stream-light and the box.
    The sig is 24 yo and while it was shot very little it is still old. Not something I am going to using as a carry gun. However, I do look forward to cleaning it and shooting the dust out it until its round count is higher than its age. He bought it back in the day after saving up for months. $700 I think is what he paid. I think it was his first pistol too. So there is sentimental value for it. My first pistol was a Browning Buckmark and it staying here. I even bought a sister for it. Now I can't remember which one is which. Oh well. Back to the sig.
    I like it alright. I wish the magazines for it were cheaper. 44 bucks at most places. During the AWB they were 75 bucks. So they have come down. I should have talked him into stocking up more in case I ever ended up with it.
    Thanks for the thoughts. I was hoping I didn't miss out on something every p226 owner knows. It is a sweet little gun and that decocker thing is still pretty cool.
    Last edited by DOC; 05-23-2019 at 18:26.
    Who are you to want to escape a thugs bullet? That is only a personal prejudice, ( Atlas Shrugged)
    "Those that don't watch the old media are uninformed, those that do watch the old media are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Nice picture. When are we going to get a like button?

Sig P226 is a workhorse. The only downside I have found is the weight, and that I shoot Glocks far more than anything else. Mags are more expensive when you look at Sig vs Glock branded.

Blog Entries

As far as magazines go you can save some money and buy Mec-Gar. Mec-Gar makes the OEM magazines for manufacturers like Beretta, CZ, and Sig. And they?re half the cost of the same magazines with the Sig name on them.

My Feedback

I own a W. German marked one and I carried it on duty for several years before going to the P229. It was a tack driver and very accurate.
    “Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.” Andrew Jackson

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.