Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Angels rejoice when BigBears trumpet blows BigBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CoS
    Posts
    5,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jslo View Post
    Ah. Now I understand. Removing the bushes and trees were in your neighbors yard.


    Never mind
    Huh? I did clean out/mitigate about 4 feet behind the old fence line. I did take down a few trees and pull up a ton of bushes. It needed to be done. Yes it is someone else's property, but I got permission as stated in the OP. I do still need to do some cleanup back there... but this post was about a fence. Did I piss you off somehow?

  2. #22
    High Power Shooter jslo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Huh? I did clean out/mitigate about 4 feet behind the old fence line. I did take down a few trees and pull up a ton of bushes. It needed to be done. Yes it is someone else's property, but I got permission as stated in the OP. I do still need to do some cleanup back there... but this post was about a fence. Did I piss you off somehow?
    Not at all. It's just me not following.
    Originally I read it as you got permission from property owner, so thought you were renting. I then read you saying you were the property owner and assumed the permission was for bush and tree removal from a neighbor's property.
    The "never mind" was meant for my previous post and an attempt at some Emily Litella humor, which doesn't really work in written form.
    Sorry for the confusion, all's good

  3. #23
    Grand Master Know It All newracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Timnath
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Could you explain the "regrade"? I know a huge tractor grades roads, etc... but how would I do that in a small yard. No vehicle could fit back there and there's no road to get to it.
    Instead of the abrupt drop where the fence line is I'd knock down that edge along with some soil above it and push it to the downhill side creating a gentler slope. From about halfway to the trees continuing 3-5 feet past the fence line. All could be done with a shovel and rake pretty easily.

  4. #24
    High Power Shooter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Are you able to get a cement truck back there, or are you mixing by hand?
    There are a few options I see. Level the fence line with a shovel about 10" wide, set post around 30-36" deep and place railroad ties between them. Drill the railroad ties and pound in rebar 24-36" deep every few feet.
    Level fence line, use dry stack interlocking retaining wall block and set the fence back 8" onto your property.
    Level fence line, dig your post holes, then set concrete forms. Use maybe a 2x10 on the down hill side and a 2x4 on the uphill side. With the posts 30-36" deep every 6-8', it should not move.
    I have been using 2 7/8 drill stem for my fences using the field fencing. So far, 3 pigs have not been able to get through it.

  5. #25
    Angels rejoice when BigBears trumpet blows BigBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CoS
    Posts
    5,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jslo View Post
    Not at all. It's just me not following.
    Originally I read it as you got permission from property owner, so thought you were renting. I then read you saying you were the property owner and assumed the permission was for bush and tree removal from a neighbor's property.
    The "never mind" was meant for my previous post and an attempt at some Emily Litella humor, which doesn't really work in written form.
    Sorry for the confusion, all's good
    Ah, ok. My apologies for not being comprehensive in my storytelling. Thanks! For clarification, I am the homeowner and need to replace my fence. Tangent: I had to mitigate an area behind said fence due to overgrowth, etc, but I did get permission from THAT property owner beforehand... Now, back to the fence, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    Instead of the abrupt drop where the fence line is I'd knock down that edge along with some soil above it and push it to the downhill side creating a gentler slope. From about halfway to the trees continuing 3-5 feet past the fence line. All could be done with a shovel and rake pretty easily.
    Ah, gotcha. I should be able to do that. Thanks Sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by encorehunter View Post
    Are you able to get a cement truck back there, or are you mixing by hand?
    There are a few options I see. Level the fence line with a shovel about 10" wide, set post around 30-36" deep and place railroad ties between them. Drill the railroad ties and pound in rebar 24-36" deep every few feet.
    Level fence line, use dry stack interlocking retaining wall block and set the fence back 8" onto your property.
    Level fence line, dig your post holes, then set concrete forms. Use maybe a 2x10 on the down hill side and a 2x4 on the uphill side. With the posts 30-36" deep every 6-8', it should not move.
    I have been using 2 7/8 drill stem for my fences using the field fencing. So far, 3 pigs have not been able to get through it.
    No, not enough space to get any vehincle get back there. It would all be hand mixing with a wheelbarrow. Thanks for the options/suggestions! I need to spend some time browsing the Lowe's website and do some pricing. Thanks!

  6. #26
    High Power Shooter jslo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Just in case, I have seen some small walk behind loaders that fit through gates. Toro Dingo is one of them

  7. #27
    Not a Dude ChickNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I know where Sartre was when he wrote: Hell is other people. ----- Denver
    Posts
    8,426

    Default

    Dingos are useful in tight spaces but can be bit of a hassle with the center of mass & raising the trough on slopes, for folks not used to operating it. I've watched more than one person try to ride the roll over.

    I suggest you don't put yourself or anyone else downhill of it.
    Last edited by ChickNorris; 06-12-2019 at 14:29.
    - winning is more than wanting to
    - death is infinite patience
    - wait. . . whut?

  8. #28
    High Power Shooter jslo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Definitely need to get use to them. In the beginning it's like wrestling a bull.

  9. #29
    Angels rejoice when BigBears trumpet blows BigBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CoS
    Posts
    5,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickNorris View Post
    Dingos are useful in tight spaces but can be bit of a hassle with the center of mass & raising the trough on slopes, for folks not used to operating it. I've watched more than one person try to ride the roll over.

    I suggest you don't put yourself or anyone else downhill of it.
    It is a pretty steep area... I think I'd be fine with a wheelbarrow and some muscle though.

    Quote Originally Posted by jslo View Post
    Definitely need to get use to them. In the beginning it's like wrestling a bull.
    I've done some wrangling before... now I'm more interested, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •