Close
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm outie

Blog Entries

I never found the Austin are to be too bad as far as humidity. Not really any bugs there either. With the exception of the occasional flash flood or wildfire I find the Austin/San Antonio area climate to be pretty nice most of the time. It does get pretty hot there though in the summer.

Both of my brothers live just outside of Austin and have been there for probably twenty five years or so.

Definitely plenty of good food and plenty of good music. The bats are pretty cool too.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

This is what you can do in TX. My son lives in NW San Antonio burbs and got a ride along through a friend. Pig hunting from a choppa.

Last edited by brutal; 06-15-2019 at 14:48.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Well, you will still be on the "Colorado River" through Austin.
    Great rowing. Can be your new hobby.
    Had some property in Lago Vista at Lake Travis for a few years, and attended a lot of conferences there years ago.
    The TX politicians are not reluctant to visit any group there.
    I met and talked with Governors Ann Richards and George Bush while attending conferences of only about 60 to 70 participants. They were both down to earth and approachable.
    There are a lot of things to do and enjoy.
    It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison 1778

BladesNBarrels Feedback

Gong Shooter

Curious how your moving to Texas so closely times with the Whataburger deal. ...good luck in Austin!

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    Curious how your moving to Texas so closely times with the Whataburger deal. ...good luck in Austin!
    Well I wasn't impressed with the burger I had there on Sunday, so I bought them out.

Grand Master Know It All CavSct1983's Avatar

Congrats on making a move you feel is needed.

I'm hoping to be doing the same soon, so I look forward to your post-move thoughts and what types of remorse you experience about it, what you'd have done differently, etc.
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914"

Quote Originally Posted by CavSct1983 View Post
    Congrats on making a move you feel is needed.

I'm hoping to be doing the same soon, so I look forward to your post-move thoughts and what types of remorse you experience about it, what you'd have done differently, etc.
    Big thing is I would have done differently is give myself more than a week and a half to figure it out, lol!

Best of Luck down there Ridge.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Good deal and good luck with the relocate
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    Good luck with that! I figure it will be a good decade or more before the left does to Texas what they did to CO.

Just realize that you will be replacing snow with heat, humidity and bugs (which is the main thing keeping me from moving to Texas).

That said, I really don't blame you. The wife and I are exploring an exit strategy as well (especially since I've been unemployed for most of the last year). We're looking at the Rapid City area though, which still has the snow but a much lower population of snowflakes.

To be fair to Austin, in my 20s I seriously considered moving there (from Wichita, KS) and there are some good things about the area (one thing liberals are good for is good restaurants/bars/coffee shops ... and if you're single, loose women).

I figure in the next year or two there will be a lot of these kinds of threads here
    RAPID CITY?? forget the snow, the- single digit and below zero cold killed it for us . Those temps are not uncommon, come winter.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .