Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guess who is going to miss this by three days because the government forgot that the fiscal year rolls over on Oct 1st and didn't forecast out for flights...
    Mick-Boy

"Men who carry rifles for a living do not seek reward outside the guild. The most cherished gift...is a nod from his peers."

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-Boy View Post

Guess who is going to miss this by three days because the government forgot that the fiscal year rolls over on Oct 1st and didn't forecast out for flights...
    Nope... unacceptable. I would like to speak to the manager.

I was so mad when that shoe dropped. On the upside, ODS was excellent with the cancellation/refund. So that's something.
    Mick-Boy

"Men who carry rifles for a living do not seek reward outside the guild. The most cherished gift...is a nod from his peers."

Sucks you can?t make it Mick. Was looking forward to seeing you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trunk Monkey

Couple slots came available. Training day 1 starts tomorrow morning!
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Jeff, thanks again for putting this together. If anyone on this forum wants to get some of the best pistol training out there, you need to get to THIS class ASAP. Set aside some $ and ammo now, and check out the schedule and sign up, it will be more than worth your time. I plan on finishing up an AAR and posting it in the appropriate thread.

‘No one cares about your gun problems!’ - Chuck Pressburg

Trunk Monkey

Joe_K had an awesome time training with you and everyone in the class. Learned a lot from other students and learned a TON from Chuck. dan512 even endured the suck and completed the class with walking pneumonia which is like "Man Flu" x100. Wish Mick_Boy could have made it for this class.

Awesome class, hope we can do it again soon!!!

If a Presscheck Consulting class is coming to your area, jump on it, you won't regret it!!!

I'll be pushing out info on Class Certs in the next couple days.

I'm hoping to bring Chuck back to Pueblo West in 2020. If you enjoyed the class, let Chuck know and tell your friends and let's turn this into what I was doing with Pat Rogers in the 2000's. Annual Industry cool guy round up!!!
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Paper Hunter

A little late in coming, but big thank you to Jeff for doing all the leg work, getting Chuck here, and hosting.

I am not going to post a full AAR (there are plenty out there on places like Lightfighter, and they definitely worth reading) but as the lessons from the class start to filter in I wanted to post my big takeaways. The first is just the idea of extreme accuracy. There is no such thing as "good enough." Either you can make a shot, or you can't. If you can't then change something until you can.

The second , as Joe K mentioned, is that "no one cares about your gun problems." I had a laundry list of excuses coming into this class: two broken wrists a few month back, walking pneumonia during the class, using an unfamiliar pistol with new sights which loosened and came off halfway through day one, etc, etc. That said, it turns out no one cares. I could not shoot as well as I should be able to and that is something I have to fix. The circumstances or excuses don't matter, sometimes you have to make a shot and not miss.

I am still sorting through some lesson regarding finding what works for you and under what circumstance. Different guys pull triggers differently. Some use their whole finger, some use the tip, and sometimes that changes by circumstance. I think I get frustrated because I want the "right" way to do something when the truth has more to do with being honest with myself based on performance as to what works and when.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly is Chuck's emphasis on focus and not getting "beamed up by aliens" while shooting. In other words, thinking you have a great sight picture and trigger pull but finding the round went way the hell off somewhere. The only explanation is that you got momentarily beamed up to the mother ship, otherwise the round would have hit where you wanted it to. You have to maintain focus throughout the entire process, including when there is an explosion going off in your hand.

There is still a lot more to say, but if you have a chance to take a class with Presscheck you should . It will eat your lunch and be a little humbling (unless you are named Joe K) but that is how we learn.

Jeff, thanks again brother for setting this up. Joe, it was good to meet you and I definitely want to shoot together in the future. I will hit you up when something pans out. Darren, always a pleasure to hang out and thank you for dinner.

Trunk Monkey

Good write up, Dan!!! Thanks for posting!
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Trunk Monkey

Thanks Joe_K!!!
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff