Close

Default Shivworks? ECQC AAR

Just wrapped up this weekend for my 4th time taking this class. Obviously I?m a fan.

Content was developed by gunfighters who have been in ENTANGLED gunfights. Craig Douglas, former narc, began developing the coursework more than 20 years ago after finding (The hard way) that agency provided solutions were largely ineffective and based on unrealistic assault patterns. Coursework was honed by analysis of what didn?t work (the vast majority of what is taught by instructors and agencies) and expanded by what they found DID work in hard pressure testing. Craig is a highly skilled BJJ player and Greco wrestler, in addition to being a reality tested gunfighter.

ECQC is half class and half experiential learning lab. You will get the techniques that work against things that ACTUALLY happen in assaults. You then get to apply those skills in a force on force environment, with sims, against opponents who are 100% dedicated to winning. Most important is the manner in which these evolutions are structured to force realism.

The shooting portion covers draw work covering strategies to deal with an aggressor who has already closed distance AND is actively grappling with you. You just don?t find that in many classes, and Craig does an excellent job at teaching it while maintaining a safe environment.

Cautionary note: Even high level wrestlers and BJJ gamers fail to make it through day 1 without feeling totally gassed and at their physical limits. The training is safe. Still, if you come into this out of shape and/or inexperienced in combat sports, you will leave knowing exactly how bad you are likely to get your ass beat regardless of how good you are with the magic talisman in your holster.

Here is a snapshot of my Saturday in the course:

https://youtu.be/kpYQ_NMKLGE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rustycrusty; 06-30-2019 at 19:27.
    "its like a f****** turkey shoot" -Travis Haley

Very sad I missed this.
    Mick-Boy

"Men who carry rifles for a living do not seek reward outside the guild. The most cherished gift...is a nod from his peers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-Boy View Post
    Very sad I missed this.
    Jeff or myself will be hosting again next year. This class was not advertised. Next year will be back to open enrollment.

YammyMonkey gave me the heads up about a month ago but the class overlapped with some other stuff I had going on. Just bad timing on my end.
    Mick-Boy

"Men who carry rifles for a living do not seek reward outside the guild. The most cherished gift...is a nod from his peers."

Master Target Maker

Bummed I missed this. I've been twice and I always left feeling like I got my ass beat!
    http://aatargets.com/

We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by banks74 View Post
    Bummed I missed this. I've been twice and I always left feeling like I got my ass beat!
    Shivworks Colorado Training Affiliate does a monthly meet for alumni.

I organize the meetings. We do mat work at MMA facilities as well as live fire. PM me if you are interested in joining us.

Master Target Maker

Quote Originally Posted by rustycrusty View Post
    Shivworks Colorado Training Affiliate does a monthly meet for alumni.

I organize the meetings. We do mat work at MMA facilities as well as live fire. PM me if you are interested in joining us.

That'd be great! I'll shoot you a PM. I haven't been to ECQC since Steve and DRT were hosting it south of the metro several years back.
    http://aatargets.com/

We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.