Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread, but I think most people who think they're going to hike around with an AR pistol in a backpack don't actually hike, or have much wilderness experience at all. So while it may be often discussed online amongst people who like to pretend they are preppers or know what they are doing in the woods, I suspect hardly anyone is actually doing that.
    Well, in a backpack, you are covered going into Denver or Boulder as they are pistols and covered by a CCW.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sure. Good luck in your travels.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Quote Originally Posted by DDT951 View Post
    [snip]
    Now that is interesting. I would almost delete that post as not to inspire any ideas.

I'd never think of that. The time it would take for me to deploy an AR from a backpack kind of nullifies the thought. But an interesting work around.
    Always eat the vegans first

I think Irv is getting to the point that is a theoretical argument, but in practice, probably employed by a grand total of two people, and they both work security at area malls, and they probably pack AR-15 pistols in their gym bags in case they ever we're to actually use that gym membership they've been paying for all these years.

Outside of that, I really doubt anyone is CCW ar-15 pistols/psuedo sbr. As far as carrying it in a backpack, what's the difference between carrying it in a gun case strapped to your back? Why would you argue one classifies as CCW and one falls under mere transport. A more practical explanation (that people do use) is the vehicle exemption to loaded pistols kept in vehicles. While I would debate the practicality of a car AR-15 (for access)many do it.

That also leads to another point: if a bad actor fired an AR-15 pistol/psudeo sbr from a vehicle, what happens to that exemption many people enjoy....

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OxArt View Post
    I think Irv is getting to the point that is a theoretical argument, but in practice, probably employed by a grand total of two people, and they both work security at area malls, and they probably pack AR-15 pistols in their gym bags in case they ever we're to actually use that gym membership they've been paying for all these years.

Outside of that, I really doubt anyone is CCW ar-15 pistols/psuedo sbr. As far as carrying it in a backpack, what's the difference between carrying it in a gun case strapped to your back? Why would you argue one classifies as CCW and one falls under mere transport. A more practical explanation (that people do use) is the vehicle exemption to loaded pistols kept in vehicles. While I would debate the practicality of a car AR-15 (for access)many do it.
    That is 100% the point I was trying to make.

I will say that I've been known to road trip with a loaded AR pistol in a back pack when traveling out of state. I will also say that when I spent three weeks in Florida last year, carrying that heavy ass backpack full of AR pistol from the VRBO room to the car and back every single day got very old, very quick, and I'm not sure that I'll do that again. If the world starts to end while I'm working out of state, I really feel like having an AR with me will realistically make a negligible difference in the amount of time that I live. We're straying off topic again though.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.