Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries

Sheesh. Doing the math I?d say my sprinklers are running for about 54 hours every month. No wonder my water bill is high.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Should have only built a 3' fence and used some of the neighbor's water from their sprinklers.

Can you do 18-20 minutes a zone, or does everything yellow up? I'm only running like 12 minutes a zone.
    When you get caught with your pants down, every holster is an ankle holster.

Blog Entries

My back yard is horrible. There?s zero shade back there. I tried fifteen and twenty minutes and it just isn?t enough. I can get away with it in June if we?re getting some rain but July and August are brutal.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Congrats on finding something that's working for you on the upstairs AC. Your vent solution sounds familiar. I don't fully close any of them, but they heavily favor downstairs in winter and upstairs in summer. We keep the house at 71 and our bills are not insignificant, but it's worth it to us. We also don't like stagnant air and like to have air movement while we're sleeping. This was a good investment for the role for us:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075SMHB63

The front yard got fried. Got my latest water bill and I was waaaay under quota. Had all of the sprinkler sprays changed over to MP Rotators a couple of years ago. They require a longer run-time, so I upped my zones depending on how stressed the grass has been in those zones. It's tough to rehab the grass when it gets unhealthy and it's so hot and dry.

I'm in the process of switching out some sprinkler heads that weren't sized appropriately when I had the MP Rotators installed and have a Rachio Gen 3 controller on the way. I'm looking forward to making it easier to adjust the lawn watering without having to squint at a cheesy cheapo timer in the garage.
    Last edited by Gman; 07-18-2019 at 19:33.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill