Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I saw that truck smoking while it was sitting on the bridge, traffic had already started to slow on the exit to Georgetown, then saw the first flames, we got in the traffic circle for eastbound and we were out of there. Sheriff was right behind it when I heard 2 tires blow, all kinds of looky-loos taking pix/video.

CDOT's new motto:
    "You Can't Get There From Here"
    Attempting to change human behavior by regulating a mechanical device is an exercise in futility, ignorance and most importantly, arrogance.

MOLON LABE

Smells Like Carp

Any LEO's want to chime in on why it takes five hours to investigate a accident and open a highway to traffic?

It would seem all major injury and fatal accidents close down highways for 4-5 hours. Doesn't matter if its a pedestrian crossing I-25 at night or a multi vehicle mess.
    I like sex, drugs and automatic weapons. That's why i'm a dues paying member of the Libertarian party. Struggling to keep the government away from messing with the above.
    My Wife has her own vice.

Quote Originally Posted by earplug View Post
    Any LEO's want to chime in on why it takes five hours to investigate a accident and open a highway to traffic?

It would seem all major injury and fatal accidents close down highways for 4-5 hours. Doesn't matter if its a pedestrian crossing I-25 at night or a multi vehicle mess.
    I am NOT a LEO but ...

In major injury or fatal accident, do you want them just sweeping the debris aside and pushing traffic through? What's the damned hurry when someone died or got seriously hurt? They need to establish proof of what happened for the courts (because there will inevitably be court cases, especially if they DON'T have a thorough analysis from the start) and to fix the roadway if it was a roadway issue. You know as well as I do that the city or state government are not going to want to spend money fixing a road that they could use to buy votes.

Smells Like Carp

With digital cameras, GPS and digital range finders I don't see any improvement in clearing the scene. If witnesses are available and the available evidence shows who is at fault, why have a full blown investigation? Even simple following to close or distracted and ran into the ass end of somebody else is a easy one that should be cleared up quickly.
    All users are paying for the inconvenience of waiting for the traffic jam. Not to mention the chain reaction accidents that happen from slow downs.
    I like sex, drugs and automatic weapons. That's why i'm a dues paying member of the Libertarian party. Struggling to keep the government away from messing with the above.
    My Wife has her own vice.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Witnesses give different accounts and liability is not usually just 100% and 0%. With an injury or fatality, there is a much higher chance of everyone trying to prove comparative negligence.

3.5 hours from the tunnel to Georgetown. The line cutting douchebaggery was ridiculous. The trailer was burned in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pook View Post
    3.5 hours from the tunnel to Georgetown. The line cutting douchebaggery was ridiculous. The trailer was burned in half.
    I can only imagine, it is bad enough in light traffic.

How many people jumped off at Bakerville and then back on in Silver Plume?

Quote Originally Posted by roberth View Post
    I can only imagine, it is bad enough in light traffic.

How many people jumped off at Bakerville and then back on in Silver Plume?
    Started at the tunnel. The chain up stations were the worst. One jumped and 10 followed. Saving grace was vehicles in front said fark you and they were stuck for a while. A white truck with an orange bike jumped off on the first Georgetown exit. Saw lines of vehicles doing this. WTOB was 4-5 behind me and ended up 3 ahead. 8 cars ahead?! You're a wiener. We're all stuck in the shit show. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pook View Post
    Started at the tunnel. The chain up stations were the worst. One jumped and 10 followed. Saving grace was vehicles in front said fark you and they were stuck for a while. A white truck with an orange bike jumped off on the first Georgetown exit. Saw lines of vehicles doing this. WTOB was 4-5 behind me and ended up 3 ahead. 8 cars ahead?! You're a wiener. We're all stuck in the shit show. Deal with it!
    Sucks you had to go through that.

Some people think they're more specialer than the rest of us.