Close
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default De'Von Bailey Shooting: Video Breakdown

First let me say, good riddance, De'Von. You deserved everything you got. And notice how your criminal accomplice (one of those young, black men that cops always shoot for no reason) didn't run, didn't reach for a gun and didn't get shot. Fucking amazing!

Donut does a great job of breaking this one down:

Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Guns View Post
    First let me say, good riddance, De'Von. You deserved everything you got. And notice how your criminal accomplice (one of those young, black men that cops always shoot for no reason) didn't run, didn't reach for a gun and didn't get shot. Fucking amazing!

Donut does a great job of breaking this one down:

Dat boy got control-alt-deleted.

....Sorry, that's the inner keyboard commando bleeding through.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seemed like a pretty solid break down.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Drinking game - take a shot for every time the 911 caller says 'like'.

When the MSM takes sides and doesn't report the truth, then you get this racial strife...as intended.
    Last edited by Gman; 08-24-2019 at 14:05.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Paper Hunter

The shooting seems within the law. However, I can certainly see it ending up in court. They had the kid's name and new where he lived. His buddy just stood there so it's likely he would have been arrested and surely ratted on the other one.

What would have the runner done had he been able to pull the gun? Or what would he have done had they let him run? No one will ever know. And remember, regardless of the video, the kid is innocent until proven guilty in court.

But black kid and white cops equals a lot of trouble.

High Power Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by eddiememphis View Post
    The shooting seems within the law. However, I can certainly see it ending up in court. They had the kid's name and new where he lived. His buddy just stood there so it's likely he would have been arrested and surely ratted on the other one.

What would have the runner done had he been able to pull the gun? Or what would he have done had they let him run? No one will ever know. And remember, regardless of the video, the kid is innocent until proven guilty in court.

But black kid and white cops equals a lot of trouble.
    If they let him run and 15 minutes later he shot some one with that gun, the police officers would be crucified for letting him run away. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by encorehunter View Post
    If they let him run and 15 minutes later he shot some one with that gun, the police officers would be crucified for letting him run away. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Agreed. An incredibly difficult job. I'm sure the officers will be cleared of charges. A civil jury trial? Who knows.

Anyone hear what happened to the other guy? And where did they get the gun in the first place?
    Last edited by eddiememphis; 08-24-2019 at 16:04.

Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No cop in his right mind is gonna let that kid run without at least chasing him. An armed robbery suspect, most likely armed with a gun and he takes off running? They're gonna run him down one way or the other. By reaching into his waistband, he chose "other". He chose poorly.

And, yes, he is innocent until proven guilty in court. But presumption of innocence in no way trumps getting shot during a lawful stop like that. Probable cause and reasonableness are the law of the street. Those CSPD officers had both squarely on their side.
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there any issue with both running him down, and therefore both leaving the other guy?

Not a legal issue, but a tactical one. I assume they made Devon as the priority threat pretty quickly.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Grand Master Know It All CS1983's Avatar

What I found interesting wasn’t the friend looking at him but De’Von’s lips pursing when he said they were going to be checked for guns. His whole face tightened.
    Feedback

"The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914