Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

"We need more Jar Jar!"
    -No One Ever
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

I am hoping "Good Eats - The return" is the equal to the original...

Paper Hunter

Fresh Chicken Parmesan...yeah, he's back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kg6regArFY
    Last edited by Mtneer; 08-25-2019 at 17:23.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mtneer View Post

I know a guy

Cento tomatos work as well
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Quote Originally Posted by Mtneer View Post

Good choice! I would note his "Good Eats: Reloaded" is also a fabulous update on some of his earlier episodes.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope this moon landing reboot is better than the first one.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloha_Shooter View Post
    Got tired of the SJW BS on TV these days so decided to toss "Stargate SG-1" on the tube. I really liked the original movie but I have to say I liked the TV series even better. Richard Dean Anderson's sardonic humor, Amanda Tapping's combination of technospeak that actually made sense with a due respect for military customs and courtesies, Don Davis's portrayal of a Air Force general, and Michael Shanks' take on the Daniel Jackson character were all fantastic. I also appreciated the reference to MacGyvering something in the pilot episode.

"Oh this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I've just got a little problem with scientists."

I also thought it was incredible how they produced movie-level sets and special effects for a weekly series 20 years ago.

Much much earlier, I think I enjoyed "The Jeffersons" more than "All in the Family".

Can anyone think of other spin-offs or TV series built off a movie (or vice-versa) that they thought were better than the original?
    I liked Battlestar Galactica. But then again the original series holds a special place in my heart as I grew up watching re-runs in German.
    Deplorable millennial born 30 years too late

Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by electronman1729 View Post
    I liked Battlestar Galactica. But then again the original series holds a special place in my heart as I grew up watching re-runs in German.
    That is another I had thought of. Liked the original and the original movie. The remake was better yet. Tho I was not as thrilled with the ending. Seemed a cheap out.
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

I didn't much care for Ron D. Moore's "reimagining" myself. The special effects shots were obviously better but Ron's distaste for archetypes led to really watering down the characters themselves. The original cast had a fantastic chemistry that I felt was lacking in the new series, much like "Star Trek" (the original series) versus "Star Trek Discovery". Changing their names to be "code names" or "handles" and giving them names that could have come from the NYC or Chicago phone book, costumes that could have been purchased at Filene's basement, weaponry that could have been purchased from Beretta or Kimber ... I felt I got more insight into alien cultures and more science fiction from a 10 second background shot in the original series than I got from 10 episodes of the new one.

Having said all that, to each their own and more power to you if you enjoyed the new series more than the old one. Same if you liked ST:TNG better than TOS or any of the other reboots.