Close
    Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mission Possible

Soldier is wounded in Afghanistan. Receives immediate, life-saving care from military medical personnel. 3 aircraft, 24,000 gallons of fuel, 26 gallons of blood donated by an army of military members. AF sends C-17 with 18 person medical crew and flies him 8,000 miles, non-stop (including two night air refuelings) to San Antonio for continued care.

Regardless of what you think of the on-going war, this is impressive for a lot of reasons. I think this is illustrative of why our military is the best in the world because I'm not sure many other countries could, or even would, do something like this for one person. It makes me proud to be American...even if that's not in fashion these days.

I'm praying for this soldier...and all the others out there serving on my behalf.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/almost-im...-soldiers-life
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

Thanks for posting! I agree with you that this is what sets our military apart.

Witness Protection Reject rondog's Avatar

Amen.....
    There's a lot more of us ugly mf'ers out here than there are of you pretty people!

- Frank Zappa

Scrotum Diem - bag the day!

We do have a top Teir Military!!! Prayers sent for this and all soldiers speedy recovery and safe passage home.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    كفّار
    My Feedback

Thank you for posting. Prayers up for our brave men and women that have, are and will put their lives on the line to protect us from the evil of this world.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
    John F. Kennedy

?A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment, and is designed for the special use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics.?
    George Fitch. c 1916.

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. My BiL is an Emergency Doc at BAMC. I would love to find out more about this, but he's currently deployed overseas. Maybe he'll hear more about it.

I'm happy to see us doing whatever we can to save our soldiers' lives. We owe it to them.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill