Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Billy Jack Style Crotch Kicker buffalobo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    So did anyone actually read the Rolling Stone article? Every six months or so someone starts a thread about "I can't believe I read this article from such and such source." Then everyone acts surprised, every single time.

I read the article and have read others stating similar. The authors discussed disinformation campaign aimed at populace. Your over use of "every" cost you some credibility. I typically do not comment on content unless I have read the material. Maybe wisecracks or a little trolling, but not commentary.

Even more frequently someone posts some news item and remarks, "won't see THIS in the main stream media!" 9 out of 10 times, someone immediately posts links to the same story from every news media source under the sun. 8 out of 10 times, I already scrolled past 3-5 versions of that article long before the thread was even started. Again, every single time.

Meh, wah.

So rather than just shit on the source, has anyone actually read it to see if the information within lines up with other sources they've read on the subject? I can tell just be reading under ten sentences in the article that it isn't talking about whether other countries are influencing our politicians, but the populace. Does anyone think that outside sources are directly influencing politicians? News article titles sure, but do any actual, real life people believe that?
    In the case of Rolling Stone rag I personally will always shit on them. I don't like them. If their case/argument is good it will stand thru it. I think the article has some merit.

Dude don't be naive, politics is influence. Everyone is trying to influence politicians, citizens, other politicians, business interests, foreign interests and it works.
    If you're unarmed, you are a victim

Feedback

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just wanted to know how many people shitting on the source actually read the article before they posted. I assume zero, since no one had anything to say about the article beyond who published it.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    I just wanted to know how many people shitting on the source actually read the article before they posted. I assume zero, since no one had anything to say about the article beyond who published it.
    I read it. But based on (as mentioned) their bias. it's hard to wallow through their perspective on things. Without knowing how bad they fucked up when it came to running that massive rape story. Which turned out to be a lie. Among other things.
    When it comes to anything political i have to do a hard search to find a non biases slant to the truth.

A few foreign sources seem to play the bias down to tolerable.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

It is a common tactic to dispel an argument without engaging in it. There aren't many sources that wouldn't fall prey to this by either Team A or Team B.

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

I didn't read it and I didn't shit on it. I understand where Rolling Stone is coming from. I'm not going to give them any clicks since I don't even care for their commentary on music, much less politics.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill