Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DeadAir is supposed to be releasing a slightly longer and quieter version of the Nomad later this year
    They posted preliminary db numbers and some comparisons part way down on page 1

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/D...max/20-500474/

Just some general information to add:

Bear in mind, that while I like both of my TBAC suppressors, Thunder Beast took over 3 months to ship my suppressors. I specifically asked before I ordered and was told 3 to 5 weeks max. They are good suppressors but I didn't appreciate that. I might order from them again some day, but my last 4 suppressors were from other manufacturers.

Single Shot Silencer Shop trusts are currently still taking 9+ months to clear, measured from the time your check is cashed to when the form is marked approved. Silencer Shop one-owner submissions, submitted through the Kiosk, are coming back at 70 to 90 days currently. That's a HUGE difference.
    Last edited by Little Dutch; 10-08-2019 at 12:03.
    Never complain; never explain.
    My Feedback

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickNorris View Post
    Maybe not hard. . .
    So much awesome.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Great information guys. I really appreciate it.

Woodsmith with "Mod-like" Powers

TBAC is the best for precision rifle cans. I have an Ultra 5 and a 9. For a hunting rifle, I’d definitely choose the 5”. It’s does a surprisingly good job. As a plus, now you have a can you can run on all your other rifles. I shot my Ultra 5” on my 11” barreled SBR over the weekend. I’d want earpro for practice and prolonged strings of fire, but for a shot or three without, its fine.
    "It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your ignorance"

Thomas Sowell

www.timkulincabinetry.com

See our reviews below:

http://www.thumbtack.com/Tim-Kulin-C...service/788419

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    TBAC is the best for precision rifle cans. I have an Ultra 5 and a 9. For a hunting rifle, I’d definitely choose the 5”. It’s does a surprisingly good job. As a plus, now you have a can you can run on all your other rifles. I shot my Ultra 5” on my 11” barreled SBR over the weekend. I’d want earpro for practice and prolonged strings of fire, but for a shot or three without, its fine.
    It’s nice to hear from someone with a 5” TBAC. I went to the other extreme with the 9”, and it does make the rifle a little long when hiking.
    My Feedback

I have a Thunderbeast Ultra 5 on my 300 H&H big game rifle. One or two shots without ear pro isnt the end of the world. It isnt Ultra 9 quiet thats for sure, but it is right at home on a 24 inch hunting rifle. It isnt long, but it is lightweight so it doesent throw off the balance of the rifle.
    Weapon out and belly in, Tales told of battles won.
    Of things we've done, Caligula would grin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dutch View Post
    Just some general information to add:

Bear in mind, that while I like both of my TBAC suppressors, Thunder Beast took over 3 months to ship my suppressors. I specifically asked before I ordered and was told 3 to 5 weeks max. They are good suppressors but I didn't appreciate that. I might order from them again some day, but my last 4 suppressors were from other manufacturers.

Single Shot Silencer Shop trusts are currently still taking 9+ months to clear, measured from the time your check is cashed to when the form is marked approved. Silencer Shop one-owner submissions, submitted through the Kiosk, are coming back at 70 to 90 days currently. That's a HUGE difference.
    Whelp, just read reports that there's a few paper form 4 submissions, single owner and didn't use Silencer Shop Kiosk, that have come back around the 90 day mark too. Good to know it's not solely SS Kiosk related.
    My Feedback

Paper Hunter

I've heard good things about the AAC Jaeger.

The best part is the price...MSRP of $449.99. Almost a 1/3 the price of TBAC.

I'm not knocking TBAC...there's a lot of R&D in their stuff and it's certainly worth the price. It's absolutely is THE best can for precision shooters.

But for a rifle that you're only going to shoot maybe 2 times a year, a cheaper suppressor might be the ticket.

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dutch View Post
    Whelp, just read reports that there's a few paper form 4 submissions, single owner and didn't use Silencer Shop Kiosk, that have come back around the 90 day mark too. Good to know it's not solely SS Kiosk related.
    Yes, I had 2 customer's cans come back just under 90 days. Totally random as I've got other customers that submitted at the same time still waiting. None were trusts...