Close
    Paintball Shooter

Default Interesting read

https://sofrep.com/gear/weapon-choice-embedded-human-intel-assets/

Thoughts?

?America, do not commit crimes with checks. Get cash man!?

"Brought to you by Carl's Jr."

M
    Y FEEDBACK!

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The paint color not holding finger prints and throwing a punch to disguise the action of shooting sound like total bullshit.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

That was comical at best.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

I tend to be very skeptical towards "I can't talk much about them" sources and their "deep cover" advice. The punching thing sounds kinda absurd, as does the prints thing, but whatever. J frames are nice, and without the CIA angle the contact shot and shooting through clothing thing is true, whether or not it matters being another issue entirely. I had a 9mm snub, it was fine, and if S&W made a 360 in 9mm I'd buy one. If you can smuggle a gun in, you could smuggle in the ammo for it and not deal with the moon clips. Again, whatever. I'd also be surprised that someone in "deep cover" would want to carry around a clearly customized western revolver in a unique configuration rather than something western and more common or locally sourced.

I do love J frames. I carry a 360sc in a pocket, and it absolutely makes sense as a deep cover gun, or just a good carry gun without having to have some kind of CIA pedigree. It's super light, barely prints, and is easy to toss in a pocket when you're walking to the liquor store.

Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All that covert ops stuff is way over my pay grade. But I do know that lot of people who should know better completely dismiss revolvers as effective defensive weapons. I've had that conversation many times.
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

My wife and I have had J-frame air weights since the 80's, never a problem with them, they always work and I use mine as both primary and backup carry depending. I'll never be without one and I want another couple of them.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
    John F. Kennedy

?A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment, and is designed for the special use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics.?
    George Fitch. c 1916.

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Well, isn't this convenient: https://www.ar-15.co/threads/176341-...=1#post2247157

642 for $249 at Scheels.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Lately I've been EDCing a J Frame but not because I really want to but because it conceals the most reliably of all the guns I own ... think "company policy".

Deep cover ops folk are not really all that comparable to lawful CCW. Keeping in mind that every gun choice is a trade-off of some sort, and the deep cover spook has a lot more they need to trade off than the rest of us. I can see how the J Frame would be the best of all evils for them.

A J Frame beats harsh language, but for the law abiding citizen there's a plethora of better choices (especially in 9x19).

Now at two-fiddy ... that moves the J Frame up the list a few places. Heck at that price you could easily sell it for a profit down the road if you got something better.
    Last edited by Zundfolge; 11-29-2019 at 11:42.
    Modern liberalism is based on the idea that reality is obligated to conform to one's beliefs because; "I have the right to believe whatever I want".

"Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people."
    -Penn Jillette

A World Without Guns <- Great Read!

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by lilripper10 View Post
    https://sofrep.com/gear/weapon-choice-embedded-human-intel-assets/

Thoughts?
    Fake.