Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Gunner

Some time back I had a shipper who shipped directly to me instead of to the FFL that I requested he ship to. It got sorted out on my end. I am 99% certain he did it intentionally as he also didn't ship everything he was supposed to then quit taking calls and ignored all attempts to contact him.
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

I've shipped a pistol back and forth between a manufacturer for warranty repairs via UPS and I declared the box contained "machine parts".

It's an internal combustion engine with an uncontained piston.
    *Pistons and fuel sold separately*

I wouldn't put "STEAL ME" on the box.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by GilpinGuy View Post
    I guess I'm a bit naive then...this all makes sense. Freaking bombs can be sent through the mail and not be detected, so why not a used firearm? With the surveillance state what it is these days, I guess I assumed they could detect this stuff. Have another beer John......

No repercussions for an FFL that mistakenly sends a firearm to the wrong address? Not that I think that their should be or will be, but I could see that being kind of a problem for an FFL.
    An FFL shipping to a non-FFL will result in a missed or falsified entry in their 4473, which may or may not be caught by their IOI at their next regular inspection. Depending on your region, you might only get inspected every five or six years.

If caught, it'll generate a report, and if severe enough, or blatant enough could result in suspension or revocation of their FFL, and possibly even fines or criminal charges at the discretion of the US Atty for the region.

That is, if the dealer's even still in business by the time the next inspection comes around.
    "The only real difference between the men and the boys, is the number and size, and cost of their toys."
    NRA Life, GOA Life, SAF Life, CSSA Life, NRA Certified Instructor Circuits' Feedback

Libs are always saying you can have weapons of war sent right to your doorstep.
    I wish! With Amazon Prime that would be awesome!
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor. Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselor.
    NRA Range Safety Officer for BSA and Local Shoot Events. Contact Me. POST Certified.

KING: [Watching the ambush party leave into the jungle] I'm glad I ain't going with them. Somewhere out there is the beast and he hungry tonight.
    Platoon 1986
    NO RANGE FOR YOU!!!.....NEXT!!!

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMRICO View Post
    Libs are always saying you can have weapons of war sent right to your doorstep.
    I wish! With Amazon Prime that would be awesome!
    No kidding. I've heard that repeated by lefties for years. I must be doing it wrong.
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill