Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Grand Master Know It All davsel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo1 View Post
    This year, I just want to sit on my own land and hunt. What is the simplest way to accomplish that?
    Just apply for tags in the area where your land is.
    Some areas have Private Land Only tags that are listed along with regular tags - application process is identical
    I've had good luck drawing Private Land tags for my property.
    I believe the link above is the only land owner hunting program in Colorado and contains a list of eligibility requirements.

And yes, the Hunting Books are overly complicated. Takes a bit to get familiar with. Just find the code for the species, method, dates you want and that's all you really need to apply online. Check back over the rules/changes before your hunt starts.
    Last edited by davsel; 03-26-2020 at 11:37.

He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust. ~ Thomas Aquinas
    My Feedback

If you can figure out the CPW registration, reservation, and application site, the rest is cake.

What an utter shit show.

Having an existing Reserve America login, which is partly what they use, and trying to get setup on the CPW site was the biggest effing PITA event ever. I had to call and talk to a tech to get it sorted out (this was a few years back when they changed.)
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

High Power Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    If you can figure out the CPW registration, reservation, and application site, the rest is cake.

What an utter shit show.

Having an existing Reserve America login, which is partly what they use, and trying to get setup on the CPW site was the biggest effing PITA event ever. I had to call and talk to a tech to get it sorted out (this was a few years back when they changed.)
    I remember that fiasco, and then again when I had to renew my license.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo1 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but how about a little advice?

1. After decades of hunting in numerous states, it now appears that I have to take a Colorado Hunter's Safety Course... Which is great- especially since the ones I was looking at have now been cancelled. There is the online, opt-out test that I can take. Anyone know what that is like?

2. The 2020 Big Game book reads like the US Tax Code. It was confusing enough, but now I am slogging through the PDF version with all of the corrections. This year, I just want to sit on my own land and hunt. What is the simplest way to accomplish that?

Waldo1, are you saying that you do not have and never needed a hunter safety card in states you've hunted before? If you have one from another state it is valid in Colorado, and it is convenient to have it "verified" at a CPW office so you don't have to carry it in the field. The verification will be printed on your license.
    Be prepared....

Eagle Scout 1968 WWW

Just signed up for my Deer and Pronghorn, going for an Elk preference point and OTC when the time comes. 2 days left!

And... Spring turkey starts this Saturday!!!