Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paper Hunter

Default Cerakote oven build

Anyone here build an oven for cerakote? I?m stuck on the wiring part looking for some advice or help with wiring. I have already blew 2 inkbird units.

Free Craigslist oven
    Preferred pronouns are like bright, vibrant colors on snakes and frogs.
    Its nature's way of telling you to stay the fuck away from them.

Gun Control - seeking a Hardware solution for a Software problem...

Self Conscious About His "LOAD" 00tec's Avatar

Always used a beater oven running propane. Not the best, but did the trick.
    If I were to build one, air circulation would be toward the top of the list.

Looking Elsewhere

I use the oven in my Kitchen, I'm also single so...

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by def90 View Post
    I use the oven in my Kitchen, I'm also single so...
    good chuckle there, you don't seriously cure h series cerakote in the house, right?

To the op, scrap out a craigslist oven. I even have one out here in strasburg you can have, and a tall steel cabinet, but you gotta pick up and move them. I was going to build a heat cure oven out of that stuff, but alas, my dreams are shattered and I recognize that now and wont waste further time with that project. I used to do quite a bit of cerakote, both h and c series. I have pretty much given up doing cerakote for other ppl, and now only do air cure c series for my own occasional project. Cerakote has a definite shelf life, got real tired of product going bad before use

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshoon View Post
    good chuckle there, you don't seriously cure h series cerakote in the house, right?

To the op, scrap out a craigslist oven. I even have one out here in strasburg you can have, and a tall steel cabinet, but you gotta pick up and move them. I was going to build a heat cure oven out of that stuff, but alas, my dreams are shattered and I recognize that now and wont waste further time with that project. I used to do quite a bit of cerakote, both h and c series. I have pretty much given up doing cerakote for other ppl, and now only do air cure c series for my own occasional project. Cerakote has a definite shelf life, got real tired of product going bad before use

I already have all the stuff cabinet insulation ect. Wiring is my only issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    I already have all the stuff cabinet insulation ect. Wiring is my only issue now.
    220…221…..whatever it takes.
    Preferred pronouns are like bright, vibrant colors on snakes and frogs.
    Its nature's way of telling you to stay the fuck away from them.

Gun Control - seeking a Hardware solution for a Software problem...

I built one for gun stuff using a $10 goodwill toaster oven, 10" X 4' duct from home depot and some fiberglass insulation. Drill holes in the top of the oven, flange the duct work to the top with blind rivits. Cover the duct with the insulation I use a thermometer at the top and a rod to suspend the parts inside. Little stuff I place on the rack inside and can bake barreled actions . Been in use for 15 years and does not take up a lot of space. Let me get a picture. Name:  oldgroup 098.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  188.6 KB
    I see you running, tell me what your running from

Nobody's coming, what ya do that was so wrong.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymrc View Post
    I built one for gun stuff using a $10 goodwill toaster oven, 10" X 4' duct from home depot and some fiberglass insulation. Drill holes in the top of the oven, flange the duct work to the top with blind rivits. Cover the duct with the insulation I use a thermometer at the top and a rod to suspend the parts inside. Little stuff I place on the rack inside and can bake barreled actions . Been in use for 15 years and does not take up a lot of space. Let me get a picture. Name:  oldgroup 098.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  188.6 KB
    That looks FALbulos
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

"The truth doesn't mind being questioned, while a lie doesn't like being challenged."

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    That looks FALbulos
    That was back when I was using the 2000 degree duplicolor. That stuff was great when prepped and baked proper.
    I see you running, tell me what your running from

Nobody's coming, what ya do that was so wrong.