Close
    Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

Default 1911 Sight pusher

Anyone have a 1911 sight pusher I could use for about 3 seconds? I just need a rear sight pushed about 1/16" over.

Witness Protection Reject rondog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always just use a small ballpein hammer, a 1/8" drift punch, and sensible caution. Should move real easy w/no damage.
    There's a lot more of us ugly mf'ers out here than there are of you pretty people!

- Frank Zappa

Scrotum Diem - bag the day!

Grand Master Know It All SouthPaw's Avatar

Wooden dowel will do it. Otherwise, I have a sight pusher but I’m not really close to you.
    "But when it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark; and brother, it's startin' to rain."

I’ve tried hammers and brass punches but I just destroy the punches, and steel definitely knocks the finish off.
    This is a Dan Wesson pistol and the rear almost drifted completely out on its own, so I slathered it in blue loctite when I pushed it back. Now it’s stuck.

Blog Entries

A sight pusher was one of my better investments. I used to drift them with a nylon punch and a non-marring dead blow hammer. The tight ones were always annoying to center up. Get it close, give it another whack, and then it would go too far. Smack it from the other side and it would go too far back. Always just seemed to be a tedious task. A decent pusher definitely makes it simple, easy, and accurate.

If nobody hooks you up and you can afford to buy your own I would highly recommend it.

I’ve got one for Glocks, and that one has paid itself off many times over. Once the sights are set on this gun, I’m done! Next time I need sights on this one, I’m sending it to Ameriglo/Novaks/etc…

Blog Entries

This probably doesn?t apply to you then but I?ll say it for the benefit of others reading this thread.

I mostly use my sight pusher on Glocks but mine isn?t firearm specific and is more of a universal tool. I?m glad I didn?t buy a Glock specific one because I like knowing if I need to use it on other makes and models I?m good to go. Besides Glocks, I?ve swapped sights on a Sig, a Springfield XD, and a Shield.

Nerdy Mod

If you're interested in a functional but not a pretty one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154103018614

For $21 bucks including shipping, what do you have to lose?

I have one similar to this. It works.

O2
    YOU are the first responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.

My feedback: https://www.ar-15.co/threads/53226-O2HeN2

Hello, my name is: KNOWN Gunner's Avatar

I got this one. Was worth the few bucks

ATG Heavy Duty Universal Pistol Dovetailed Rear Sight Pusher Tool https://a.co/d/aHorIeM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk