Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearm trust

Default Firearm trust

Oh wise ones, I am starting to look into a firearm trust as an added layer of protection to my firearms when I pass and have a few questions. I do not have any NFA items, as of yet. Is there a forum member that deals in these or who does this group recommend? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May you live well and die free.

Grand Master Know It All 3beansalad's Avatar

I was hoping someone had recommendations. I found an attorney in the metro area and I've been corresponding with him via email. His suggestion is to wait until the legislation is submitted to the state senate then draft the trust based on it.
    I don't have cost associated yet, and my local friends asked me to see if there could be a group rate when I do.

https://www.rockymountainguntrust.co...-trust-lawyer/
    David - CS, CO feedback

It's a measure of the civility in this country that no ones seems to fear constantly pissing off the people who own lots of guns.

I would just use a silencer shop trust. Attorneys are good at writing a trust, but not a NFA trust.
    Deplorable millennial born 30 years too late

Witness Protection Reject rondog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought there was a member here that did those.
    There's a lot more of us ugly mf'ers out here than there are of you pretty people!

- Frank Zappa

Scrotum Diem - bag the day!

Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    I thought there was a member here that did those.
    NFATrustGuy (Rodney Woodard) did a lot of them for COAR members years ago but no longer does them. I did find this contact from when I was looking for a trust in 2013. She had a pre-packaged trust back then that I reviewed, but I ultimately chose to go with Rodney.

Law Office of Rose F. Pugliese, LLC
    300 Main Street, Suite 301
    Grand Junction, CO 81501
    800.748.9389 fax
    www.puglieselawfirm.com

Best of luck.
    Lessons cost money. Good ones cost lots. -Tony Beets

Sad that people abused Rodney's good nature (or ripped off his trust docs and/or sold as their own).

I have mine from him as well.
    My Feedback
    Credit TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Credit Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Credit roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own. "Anyone that thinks the communists won't turn off your power for being on COAR15 is a fucking moron."

Not Quite "Normal" Little Dutch's Avatar

I tried to go through Rodney. I asked several clarifying questions and he ghosted me. I'm not sure exactly why, but it was the last I heard from him. I am still hoping he's OK and nothing bad happened.

I went with a SS Trust. I had an attorney I use for a few things look over the SS trust. He said it looks like a trust...
    Never complain; never explain.
    My Feedback

Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    NFATrustGuy (Rodney Woodard) did a lot of them for COAR members years ago but no longer does them. .
    I purchased mine through him too, and I didn't have any issues, but that was several years ago. I have several NFA items under the trust he created for me.

Edit: I would not recommend putting your NFA and nonNFA items in the same trust. No reason to give the ATF unnecessary information when submitting your trust for From 1 and Form 4s.
    Last edited by MED; 01-26-2023 at 10:03.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MED View Post
    I purchased mine through him too, and I didn't have any issues, but that was several years ago. I have several NFA items under the trust he created for me.

Edit: I would not recommend putting your NFA and nonNFA items in the same trust. No reason to give the ATF unnecessary information when submitting your trust for From 1 and Form 4s.
    Per Rodney, you only have to list the NFA items (or firearms you want to list) on the Schedule A.

As long as you have transfer assignment to trust documentation, you're covered in the trust.
    Last edited by brutal; 01-28-2023 at 01:44.
    My Feedback
    Credit TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Credit Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Credit roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own. "Anyone that thinks the communists won't turn off your power for being on COAR15 is a fucking moron."

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post

As long as you have transfer documentation, you're covered in the trust.
    What is that?
    Lessons cost money. Good ones cost lots. -Tony Beets