Close

Default 1 Woman Dead, Man Injured In Jeep Crash Near Georgetown Lake

Anyone hear about this? Just sad.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...=top&catid=188

CLEAR CREEK COUNTY - The Colorado State Patrol is investigating a deadly crash that happened Friday afternoon near Georgetown Lake.

State Patrol says a jeep went off a Forest Service Road and went down about 1,200 to 1,300 feet near the lake. The woman driving was thrown from the jeep and killed.
    A man who was not in the vehicle was injured. State Patrol believes he was trying to get down and help the woman.
    State Patrol says the area is very rocky and steep and that has made recovering the woman's body difficult.
    The names of the woman and the man who was injured were not released.
    Fox News Denver
    DENVER - The Colorado State Patrol says it continues to investigate a fatal crash in which a Jeep rolled off of a steep mountain embankment near Georgetown Lake Friday afternoon.

The crash occurred at about 4:00 p.m. on Saxon Mountain, near the lake.

Authorities say a silver 2009 Jeep Wrangler rolled numerous times down the rocky terrain, coming to rest after about 1,200 to 1,300 feet.

The Jeep's occupant, 33-year-old Cristal Newell of Thornton was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.

With her was 41-year-old Marcus Newell who was not in the Jeep when the vehicle rolled off of the roadway.

It is believed that he sustained injuries while attempting to descend the embankment to help following the crash.

He was transported to St. Anthony Central Hospital.

The exact cause of the crash remains under investigation.
    UNENTITLED

There was another incident like that about a month to two months ago on divide road, on the way to Gateway, Colorado. Similar situation, not sure on casualty numbers. Sad really, I'm not really sure how this happens. I guess like anything else, statistically, every now and then someone is going to die from doing it, just as people die jogging in the park or riding a bike on a trail. It's the cost paid to enjoy the freedom to do anything in the first place - I always say, everything is earned in somebodies blood, sadly. With as slow as most of us crawl up technical roads its just hard to grasp why people are falling off at all. I'd guess they get in a really bad situation and have the cajones to actually try to drive out of it?

I am guessing she was trying to climb that trail that is above the lake (winds back up and heads to idaho springs). I have taken the 4 wheeler up there and some spots get tight, and on the edge is very steep, once you start to go, there is no stopping it.

sad to hear
    All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break em for no one.

My Feedback

These hills get mighty lonely boys [Wink] Mtn.man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sniper7 View Post
    I am guessing she was trying to climb that trail that is above the lake (winds back up and heads to idaho springs). I have taken the 4 wheeler up there and some spots get tight, and on the edge is very steep, once you start to go, there is no stopping it.

sad to hear

Yup.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

http://ratraxinc.com