Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angels rejoice when BigBears trumpet blows BigBear's Avatar

Default Parts List for AR-15 Build

Does anyone have a complete "blow-out" diagram and parts list of all the AR-15 parts needed to build a weapon? Also looking for information on the actual building part, as in I know some internals do not fit into lowers, blah, blah, blah. Where do we find this stuff? I think it would be a helpful sticky for those of us trying to put something together.

Gourmet Catfood Connoisseur StagLefty's Avatar

I know some folks here will get upset but you can find all the info you need on ARFCOM . It's a great resource for a lot of different info. I also don't agree with a lot that's said on there but I'm not going to ignore the site for the info on there.

Here's a start from Quib : http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...AND-PROCEDURES
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to Fight, he'll just kill you.
    NRA Certified-Pistol,Shotgun,Rifle,Muzzle Loading Rifle,Home Firearms Safety,Chief Range Safety Officer

Ztek, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Ztek, thank you.
    my pleasure
    i have it saved on disk and desktop
    im forever loosing springs when i pull em apart and allways came up with extra parts after i put it back together

So it looks like the pins and springs all come in packs together?... is there one brand that is preferred or all pins/springs the same?

So it looks like the pins and springs all come in packs together?... is there one brand that is preferred or all pins/springs the same?
    the last lower ive done the pins and springs were seperate
    i useed a dph lower parts kit in an olly lower and it fit fine
    so i would imagine most springs and pins would be the same dimentions
    as far as quality goes id stick with reputable makers-the ones that just say milspec may not be as good-ya know the old saying,lowest bidder!!
    and people wondered why i jumped out of a peerfectly good airplane!
    i think im going to upgrade to a timney trigger group-those are in drop in pacs so to say
    http://timneytriggers.com/sunshop/in...uct_detail&p=5

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

all the little parts / lower parts kits for Small Diameter pin lower receiver are the same. there are those who will say X > Y and vice versa. for a basic build or your first 1 or 2 i suggest buying what you can afford to complete it. I have dabbled in a few builds and have found outside of the cosmetics basic is a good jumping off platform. Couldn't tell you how much i or others have sunk into an AR build over time. I compare an AR build to accessorizing a 10/22
    add up the receipts 3-4 months later and that base line $200.00 10/22 has grown in to a $4-500 added expense monster. YMMV.

Here is a good thread to take you thru the basics.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

A lower part kit (LPK) runs $60 on up with the only real difference in triggers if you ask me. It included everything you need to finish the bottom end except the stock, buffer tube, buffer and spring. Takes an hour or 2 to put it all together.

The upper requires more specialized tools and to date I have not bothered, I had a smith change the tubes on mine when I wanted something different. Bowers did it for free if I purchased the tube from them.

I like Stag kits.
    -Mike

"I have to return some video tapes"