Close
  1. #80921
    The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Jolly (aka Greeley)
    Posts
    37,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyome View Post
    Progressive lenses ain't the answer for shooting in my experience.
    Corrective surgery or Contacts seem to be the best answers, or convert everything to red dot sights..
    Everyone's eyes and way to fix them are not a cookie cutter solution. I cannot wear progress lens also, i cannot weat contacts, or corrective surgery, well i can. But if i did that based on previous ocular damage, the only way to fix the issue would leave me with no depth perception. That's from both a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

    RDS are fine for some, until one gets past a certain yardage. Then for folks like me it's all (like a portion of my younger years) a blur. My glass guy said bring my pistol in (unloaded) and he'd set me up with lens for shooting. Bifocals did the trick. YESMV
    Last edited by Great-Kazoo; 02-11-2018 at 15:32.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

    Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality

  2. #80922
    Mr Yamaha brutal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unincorporated Douglas County, CO
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    Everyone's eyes and way to fix them are not a cookie cutter solution. I cannot wear progress lens also, i cannot weat contacts, or corrective surgery, well i can. But if i did that based on previous ocular damage, the only way to fix the issue would leave me with no depth perception. That's from both a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

    RDS are fine for some, until one gets past a certain yardage. Then for folks like me it's all (like a portion of my younger years) a blur. My glass guy said bring my pistol in (unloaded) and he'd set me up with lens for shooting. Bifocals did the trick. YESMV
    The astigmatism in my right eye is much worse than the left and shooting with an RDS has me averaging the multiple dots to make hits...the brighter it is, the worse the multiple images are.
    My Feedback

    Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

  3. #80923
    The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Jolly (aka Greeley)
    Posts
    37,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    The astigmatism in my right eye is much worse than the left and shooting with an RDS has me averaging the multiple dots to make hits...the brighter it is, the worse the multiple images are.
    I hear ya. Was doing a 3 gun years back, running an eotech. Couldn't see shitnshineola past 100 yds, went back to magnified optics. Using the rds on pcc's and lever actions.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

    Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality

  4. #80924
    Orange Junk ray1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Thornton
    Posts
    13,037
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Best thing about mixing your own drinks is you have full control of how much alcohol goes in them.

    "I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect."- Doug Sanders

    My Feedback

  5. #80925
    OtterbatHellcat Otterbatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wheat Ridge, Co. (Commerce City West)
    Posts
    16,432

    Default

    Wow....the lady decided to check out. Leaving the rehab to go home and stop taking meds, stop eating, etc......leaving the family to watch her die at her home.

    There's no way ya can't respect her wishes, but holy crap that's a tall bill for the family absorb on top of all the emotion and stuff going on already. Holy tough times ahead.


    ΜΟΛ
    ΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    My Feedback

  6. #80926
    Pickles; the Camel Kisser Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    El Barrio (Thornton)
    Posts
    34,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It's not that bad with notice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

  7. #80927
    Mr Yamaha brutal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unincorporated Douglas County, CO
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
    Best thing about mixing your own drinks is you have full control of how much alcohol goes in them.
    On the rare occasion I pollute even my cheap JD with diet coke, you should see the look I get from the spousal unit when the double highball, filled with ice, is filled ~ 2/3 to 3/4 with said JD before adding the foul dilution agent.

    What, me?
    My Feedback

    Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

  8. #80928
    Pickles; the Camel Kisser Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    El Barrio (Thornton)
    Posts
    34,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    That's the best way fellas.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

  9. #80929
    Little Dragonfly fly boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cheyenne Wyoming.
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    On the rare occasion I pollute even my cheap JD with diet coke, you should see the look I get from the spousal unit when the double highball, filled with ice, is filled ~ 2/3 to 3/4 with said JD before adding the foul dilution agent.

    What, me?
    Just a highball glass? She gives me the stink eye when I pull out the 30oz yeti tumbler and start pouring in the black rum. Then asks in a snarky voice, how was your day dear?

  10. #80930
    Pickles; the Camel Kisser Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    El Barrio (Thornton)
    Posts
    34,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Today feels like Spring.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc