Close
    Billy Jack Style Crotch Kicker buffalobo's Avatar

I think they have a web site that lists location of roadside testing stations.
    If you're unarmed, you are a victim

Feedback

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickNorris View Post
    Irving is correct, right now it would be a good thing to have a reloading hobby.
    You're the only one who was in denial.

The amount you shoot it was only time before it would happen. Buy a 550 dillon till you get the hang of it, then add another one, so you can do hand gun and rifle. OR decide if investing n a 650 for your AR reloading, after the 550 is something you might want.

The 650 is real nice for volume, but (IMO) not a press you want to jump in as a beginner.

You really don't save $$ reloading, especially with ammo prices where they are now. What you will do is have a load specific you your rifle for overall performance.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Blog Entries

My wife hits those things every year. Seems commuting for work to Superior and back every week day increases her chances of catching one.

My truck sits in the driveway all week so unless they set those things up on weekends I?ll likely never pass one.

Think I?ll stop and buy a new gas cap and toss it in the glove box before I go. Then once I?ve passed tailpipe emissions and I get to the end and they want to fail me for the gas cap I can just pull the new one out on the spot and not have to make a return trip.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
    My wife hits those things every year. Seems commuting for work to Superior and back every week day increases her chances of catching one.

My truck sits in the driveway all week so unless they set those things up on weekends I?ll likely never pass one.

Think I?ll stop and buy a new gas cap and toss it in the glove box before I go. Then once I?ve passed tailpipe emissions and I get to the end and they want to fail me for the gas cap I can just pull the new one out on the spot and not have to make a return trip.

They don't pull the cap to test it anymore. or they no longer did up north. However IF you fail due to the cap within the system, they'll have you retest. Since the system already issued you a fail. Just slap it on, why hassle being there any longer than necessary.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Blog Entries

Last time I went in they failed me for the cap. I had to leave and get one and go back and get in line again and they just pulled me right up and tested the new cap when it was my turn. I think the whole process that day took me almost 2.5 hours.

Assholes.

I?m just going to keep the new cap in the truck just in case.

Almost makes me want to buy a new Ford truck. They don?t have a gas cap. Try and test that one fucktards.

The gas cap test is stupid anyways. Vehicles have been monitoring the fuel system for leaks since the late 90?s and if I had a bad cap I should get a check engine light for an evap system leak. Without the code my cap is good to go. I doubt the minimum wage flunkies running these tests know anything about what they?re doing.

My Feedback

Blog Entries

Done.

I got the white people treatment. They didn?t even put my truck on the dyno or sniff the exhaust.

It seemed the nicer looking vehicles were being pushed through this way and the crappier looking ones were getting the full treatment.

Think I?ll wait a week or two to renew the tags.

My Feedback

Blog Entries

On a related note I find it funny that the vehicles that I own that get the best gas mileage, probably produce the lowest emissions, and produce pretty much zero wear and tear on the roads cost more to register each year than my truck and the wife?s car.

My Feedback

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
    Done.

I got the white people treatment. They didn?t even put my truck on the dyno or sniff the exhaust.

It seemed the nicer looking vehicles were being pushed through this way and the crappier looking ones were getting the full treatment.

Think I?ll wait a week or two to renew the tags.
    Pretty sure with newer cars they just plug into the ECU and let the computer tell them if you have an issue, which is pretty much what you were talking about.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

Grand Master Know It All CavSct1983's Avatar

Waiting at Xfinity to cancel internet service. Looking at a 15 minute wait. Probably still faster than CenturyLink once service is cancelled.
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914"

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When they ask for their equipment back, tell them that you kicked that fucking router into the river!

Minimize, minimize, minimize.