Close
  1. #11841
    Gong Shooter drew890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waffles View Post
    I need to get down there with my prints/photos, but once that's done I'll race you!

    In six months or so one of us will owe the other a dollar.
    Sounds like we’ll have a Ryder shot day for later this summer!
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.
    G.B.N.T.

  2. #11842
    High Power Shooter Hummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North of Ward in Subaru County
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
    My 2nd floor and some unreachable windows weren't properly cleaned for years.......
    Bought Ettore Window cleaning kit
    soap, 12' pole, squeezee, cleaner, etc.

    Attachment 73485

    A good Ettore squeegee is the only way to clean glass--fast and streak free. I like crystal clear glass on our house and vehicles and it makes it easy to get good photos through the windows.

    I recently discovered RainX water repellent and have used it on all our vehicle windows and windshield wipers. It's amazing how rain water beads up and slides off. When the weather warms up I'm going to try it on some of the house view windows.
    So far, so good....

  3. #11843
    Grand Master Know It All newracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Timnath
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    A good Ettore squeegee is the only way to clean glass--fast and streak free. I like crystal clear glass on our house and vehicles and it makes it easy to get good photos through the windows.

    I recently discovered RainX water repellent and have used it on all our vehicle windows and windshield wipers. It's amazing how rain water beads up and slides off. When the weather warms up I'm going to try it on some of the house view windows.
    RainX works great for glass shower panels too. Makes it so you rarely need to clean them.

  4. #11844
    Pickles; the Camel Kisser Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    El Barrio (Thornton)
    Posts
    34,817
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I once drove an entire summer (about six months), without windshield wipers thanks to Rain-X.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

  5. #11845
    High Power Shooter Hummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North of Ward in Subaru County
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    RainX works great for glass shower panels too. Makes it so you rarely need to clean them.
    Good to know. I've tried it on our lexan headlamp covers thinking it might prevent icing or help it slide off as it thaws--but haven't noticed any advantage.

    I've long made my own glass/surface cleaner and keep it in spray bottles in the cars and around the house.

    To a one gallon container add 1/2 cup sudsy ammonia, 1 pint isopropyl alcohol, 1 teaspoon Dawn dish detergent. Fill with water with one gallon.
    So far, so good....

  6. #11846
    Mr Yamaha brutal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unincorporated Douglas County, CO
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    RainX works great for glass shower panels too. Makes it so you rarely need to clean them.
    I use the washer fluid...

    Wish I had thought about the Rain-X after I put in new doors and regrouted our MB shower last year...

    Then again, it's getting gutted and redone this year anyway. I thought all the new shower glass came with special coatings, but we're still seeing the mineral deposits on ours. the water here in Parker is terrible and turns everything orange.
    My Feedback

    Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

  7. #11847
    Mr Yamaha brutal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unincorporated Douglas County, CO
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    I once drove an entire summer (about six months), without windshield wipers thanks to Rain-X.
    They make wipers too, but I wasn't impressed and prefer the Bosch Icons. Unfortunately, Walmart no longer carries them so I have to spend my money with Amazon.
    My Feedback

    Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

  8. #11848
    High Power Shooter CoGirl303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Northglenn, CO
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    I have a short drago, great bag that has held up well.

    Some of the knock-offs, including a SIG bag I have, not so much.
    good to hear! I saw the cheaper knockoff ones and thought that might be the case, so when I researched the price on the Drago's and it was reasonably close I figured I did well consider the high star ratings it was getting. Your post made me feel better about my decision.



    Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    They make wipers too, but I wasn't impressed and prefer the Bosch Icons. Unfortunately, Walmart no longer carries them so I have to spend my money with Amazon.
    I just bought a pair in October from Walmart.
    https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...0icon&cat_id=0

  9. #11849
    Bang Bang Ridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Most of the auto parts chains carry the Icons, as well. I got wipers today at Autozone and they had the Icons. I bought another Bosch wiper, they honestly don't feel as sturdy as the Icons.

  10. #11850
    I am my own action figure
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wheat Ridge
    Posts
    3,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good Shooting, MarkCO

    www.CarbonArms.us
    www.crci.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •