Close
    Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

MES30?
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    MES30?
    MES40.
    For your convenience, a link to my Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Grant H. View Post
    MES40.
    Interesting. I've got a MES30, an extra body (no door, tray or shelves) and an extra controller. I haven't used it in a while since my pellet pooper is meeting all of my smoking needs. I should probably sell it all. Maybe I'll have motivation this spring once it's nice out to get some pictures & get it listed. I liked that smoker for sure though. Made some real good meat on it.

Interesting. I've got a MES30, an extra body (no door, tray or shelves) and an extra controller. I haven't used it in a while since my pellet pooper is meeting all of my smoking needs. I should probably sell it all. Maybe I'll have motivation this spring once it's nice out to get some pictures & get it listed. I liked that smoker for sure though. Made some real good meat on it.
    I started with a 30. Added the cold smoke box (a must for any of the MES line). Did well with it but then I started doing bigger chunks, and larger batches.

This last round of bacon was 10lbs, but my previous batch was 50lbs. I did turkeys for a church get together last fall, and did 4 11-12lb turkeys.

I've toyed with the ideal of a pellet smoker/grill, but the one I got to play with for a weekend (house sitting for a friend) has me spoiled, and I can't quite justify $1500 on a smoker. Not right now (too many irons in the fire...).
    For your convenience, a link to my Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Grant H. View Post
    I started with a 30. Added the cold smoke box (a must for any of the MES line). Did well with it but then I started doing bigger chunks, and larger batches.

This last round of bacon was 10lbs, but my previous batch was 50lbs. I did turkeys for a church get together last fall, and did 4 11-12lb turkeys.

I've toyed with the ideal of a pellet smoker/grill, but the one I got to play with for a weekend (house sitting for a friend) has me spoiled, and I can't quite justify $1500 on a smoker. Not right now (too many irons in the fire...).
    I did a lot of pork shoulders in mine and they all turned out amazing. I was irked every time that I wanted to smoke a brisket though that I had to hack off several inches and throw it away just to get it to fit. I opened for a GMG DB w/WiFi years ago and have never looked back. I kept the MES30 just because I thought I might use it occasionally and really liked it but with this post I realized it's been covered in the garage unused for years so I suppose I should clear up the space and get it to someone who will get some use out of it. Both the MES30/MES40 are super awesome smokers though especially for the price tag. I think with the proceeds from selling me MES30 and all of the gear I have with it I'll get the pizza attachment for my GMG to make some kick ass pizzas this summer!

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

I'll get the pizza attachment for my GMG to make some kick ass pizzas this summer!

I've been doing pizzas in cast iron skillets, in the camp chef. Looked at a pizza oven and or attachments.. Yet can do what i want in skillets or perforated pizza tray on the existing smoker.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    I've been doing pizzas in cast iron skillets, in the camp chef. Looked at a pizza oven and or attachments.. Yet can do what i want in skillets or perforated pizza tray on the existing smoker.
    Kind of hard to hit that ~800deg all-around sweet spot though for handmade pizzas on a cast iron with direct heat from a pellet smoker's pot. My guess is you don't get that crispy top/cheese/ingredients that you would get from a brick oven style that circulates the heat all the way around and not just direct heat on the bottom. I'm looking for that full brick oven result but at home for very little cost. At $20/pie you can pay for a $100 pizza attachment at home pretty quickly. I'm not saying it will be a drastically different result and I don't know we'll use it every night but I think it will be fun the nights we have friends over for "Make-your-own-pie" nights.
    Last edited by Jer; 03-15-2019 at 08:06.

Hen's Teeth Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Gretzky View Post
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Kind of hard to hit that ~800deg all-around sweet spot though for handmade pizzas on a cast iron with direct heat from a pellet smoker's pot. My guess is you don't get that crispy top/cheese/ingredients that you would get from a brick oven style that circulates the heat all the way around and not just direct heat on the bottom. I'm looking for that full brick oven result but at home for very little cost. At $20/pie you can pay for a $100 pizza attachment at home pretty quickly. I'm not saying it will be a drastically different result and I don't know we'll use it every night but I think it will be fun the nights we have friends over for "Make-your-own-pie" nights.
    Au Contraire mon' friend.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Paper Hunter

Default Chasing espresso goodness

Arrived today from Italy. This is my fourth grinder after delving into serious coffee. Baratza Vario is off to eBay.