Close
    Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    I'm up to three different drills now (including one impact) that I like to use when building things. It's just easier to have a drill for making pilot holes and an impact for driving screws. However, ever since I saw a powered screw driver, it seemed like a really nice thing to have for quickly removing screws like when changing outlets and stuff, but where a full size drill would be overkill. I went and bought this a while ago and I hate it. It's not that it's Ryobi, it's just that it misses the mark. So don't buy one of these.

I've found that while I have a bevy of 20v Dewalt drills and tools the ones I reach for most often are my 12v line. They're light and compact but also very robust and still get the job done. If you recall the picture I posted many years back of the large built-in bench I built in my garage I used my little 12v Dewalt drill to set all of those 3" screws. It didn't miss a beat. I only reach for the 20v stuff when I've got a massive project and need the extra oomph but mostly the added run time from the larger battery.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

If I had a son he would look like....Ben SideShow Bob's Avatar

Default Post a picture of your latest purchase

Meh,
    All you need for wall outlets and covers is a couple of these. Did several years of apprenticeship in the home const. trade without power tools.
    I know, it was in the mid 80?s and power tools were virtually non-existent.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SideShow Bob; 01-10-2019 at 09:59.
    My T.P. wheeling and dealing feedback is here.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and it stinks more than mine.

Yo Homie, That my chainsaw ?

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SideShow Bob View Post
    Meh,
    All you need for wall outlets and covers is a couple of these. Did several years of apprenticeship in the home const. trade without power tools.
    I know, it was in the mid 80?s and power tools were virtually non-existent.

Can't a guy own/use both? I do and my wobble screwdrivers are still on my belt (along w/my 12v Dewalt impact drill) which I still have set up out in the garage years after being in the trade. Whenever I do electrical work around the house (w/o a permit of course and always hot!) I'm thankful I still have that setup and don't have to play "Pocket Electrician" while doing shade-tree sparky work. I would never use a drill on a receptacle cover but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's uses it also means that just because you use one doesn't mean you can't use one of those whiz-bang items you pictured. Hell, the real purist would say that your wobble isn't as good as the old fashioned straight job. lol
    Last edited by Jer; 01-10-2019 at 10:25.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

If I had a son he would look like....Ben SideShow Bob's Avatar

If I were still doing electrical const. Yes, I would have modern cordless power tools. I use cordless power tools almost every day at work, every truck has a drill and sawzall. But for home owner and occasional electrical maintenance, it takes more time to break out the cordless than it does to take care of the problem.
    My T.P. wheeling and dealing feedback is here.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and it stinks more than mine.

Yo Homie, That my chainsaw ?

Picked these up a few weeks ago.

I knew I would appreciate the impact for driving screws, just not how much more.

The multi tool has become indispensable with the recent rework I've had to do here.

Last edited by brutal; 01-10-2019 at 11:19.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Gong Shooter

I have the 12v Dewalt driver. I LOVE THE THING TO DEATH. I use it every day for work. When it dies or gets lost/stolen I won?t go even one day till I buy a new one. Perfect size. I?ve tried them all too.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can you post a picture? I wish I bought one of the small ones that looks like a fat screw driver.
    Soy un Hombre y tengo un gran bigote

I?ve wanted these for a very long time and finally got one. I like it so much, I ordered the 6? version as well.

Last edited by SouthPaw; 01-12-2019 at 11:59.
    "But when it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark; and brother, it's startin' to rain."

At $150 shipped I'll try about any shotgun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waffles View Post

At $150 shipped I'll try about any shotgun.
    IAC Hawk (Norinco)?

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback