Close
Page 1284 of 1286 FirstFirst ... 28478411841234127412791280128112821283128412851286 LastLast
Results 12,831 to 12,840 of 12860
    Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Guns View Post
    Needed some tie-down D-rings on my trailer. These are meant to be attached with a pin. I chose to weld them on so they don't decide to grow legs and walk away. My welding skills aren't the greatest but I can usually get two pieces of metal to stick together. A little black paint on there and it looked good as new.
    Much better than my Helen Keller welds........

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    Though I wanna say mine is 1" ?
    I wouldn't want to say that. Not out loud anyway.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Bahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
    Why bother paying $200 to sbr? Plenty of pistol brace buttstocks to choose from. Plus you can conceal a pistol (after receiving permission from our overlords)
    It's a fair question. My answers will probably spark plenty of debates.

Right now, SBR's are defined by law, whereas the ability to use a brace as a stock and the fact that an angled foregrip is not a vertical foregrip are just issued determinations. Getting a law changed is harder and a bigger process than issuing a new determination letter. Anything can change at anytime, so all I can do is go by the right now.

I do have a CCW permit already. However, if my world changes to the point where I'm walking around with a Scorpion concealed, then permits and laws will not apply anymore or at least won't be relevant anymore. <g>

Also, I find stocks more enjoyable to shoot with, versus a brace.

But everyone has their own views on what's important, and what's worth spending money on. The amount of money some people spend on their vehicle is insane to me, but is relevant and important to them. The amount of money I have spent on firearms, reloading equipment, and ammunition is insane to my wife. <shrug> I still married her.

My Feedback

Ultima Ratio Regum - the final argument of kings.

Grand Master Know It All CavSct1983's Avatar

Interesting perspective. However, the ATF has been clear that use does not constitute redesign. They walked that back originally, but after clarification admitted they were wrong -- and that based on the same laws which affect SBR.

I have chosen to continue the pistol route as I can have a pistol on my dualsport in the woods, on a sling. If it were a legal rifle (whether SBR or not), it must be cased. I can also have it loaded and ready to go in my vehicle.
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914"

Quote Originally Posted by CavSct1983 View Post
    I have chosen to continue the pistol route as I can have a pistol on my dualsport in the woods, on a sling. If it were a legal rifle (whether SBR or not), it must be cased. I can also have it loaded and ready to go in my vehicle.
    Makes sense. We all have our own needs and wants for sure. None of those uses apply to me. other than keeping it in my vehicle. I just don't use a rifle for that purpose. From a practical perspective, I don't think my primary weapon vehicle would be a rile anyway. Certainly would be nice to have if I had to get out of the vehicle and carry on a fight. But I think the level of risk tolerance and preparedness we all fell we need is different too.

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    But it's as big around as a cheese wheel.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    But it's as big around as a cheese wheel.
    "I may not be able to hit the bottom of a tuna can but those edges sure are sharp." -Jer
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Quote Originally Posted by mattiooo View Post
    Makes sense. We all have our own needs and wants for sure. None of those uses apply to me. other than keeping it in my vehicle. I just don't use a rifle for that purpose. From a practical perspective, I don't think my primary weapon vehicle would be a rile anyway. Certainly would be nice to have if I had to get out of the vehicle and carry on a fight. But I think the level of risk tolerance and preparedness we all fell we need is different too.
    I SBR'd my scorpion when they first came out. At that time, there were not many options for pistol braces for it so I almost felt like I had no choice. With all the options out there now for braces, I would be hard pressed to do another SBR. The SBA3 and I have a feeling they are only going to keep getting better. Plus if you SBR, you are pretty much married to it the rest of your life which can be good or bad depending on how you view it.
    "But when it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark; and brother, it's startin' to rain."

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    Plus if you SBR, you are pretty much married to it the rest of your life which can be good or bad depending on how you view it.
    I think SBR's are fairly easy to move if you don't leave them an SBR. Sell in state with one stamp, or convert to a non SB rifle (just put a rifle lenght barrell on it) to sell, and have it removed from the register. I have the SB brace on it now, and it's okay. Just don't love it. Might change when I lose weight. Might get worse. Will have to see.

My Feedback