Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator "Doctor" Grey TheGrey's Avatar

Indeed you can!
    "We have a blind date with Destiny...and she's ordered the lobster!" - The Shoveler, Mystery Men

Feedback for TheGrey

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    Is the site keeping a data base of all sold items?
    I don't think so- the main gist of my post is for sellers not to alter their "for sale" posts in an effort to show that their items are now gone. It doesn't help us and it often leaves a question as to if it was sold or withdrawn or traded. Mods can close the threads and Admins take care of archiving and so on, which Muggles cannot do.
    "We have a blind date with Destiny...and she's ordered the lobster!" - The Shoveler, Mystery Men

Feedback for TheGrey

COAR SpecOps Team Leader theGinsue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This thread has essentially been about bumping threads and notifying the staff of a Trading Post thread that needs to be closed, but...
    Lately we've been seeing more violations of a certain nature that drives me to provide a reminder to everyone using the Trading Post of the first 3 rules in the "Read and Ack" thread you've agreed to; specifically:

1. You must list in any ads for a firearm (or anything considered to be a firearm, e.g. a lower) that an FFL transfer is required. You are encouraged to offer up for suggestion an FFL that you are willing to use for the transfer, but this is not required and may be negotiated during the sale negotiations.

2. All magazines prohibited by HB13-1224 may not be listed on the site. This includes any detachable magazine with more than 15 rounds capacity, or for a shotgun any detachable magazine over 8 rounds capacity. It also includes any shotgun that uses tubular feeding devices that hold more than 28" of shotgun shells.

3. All extensions for magazines that can bring the capacity over the limits set in HB13-1224 when offered with a magazine that could be constructed to produce a capacity over the limit of HB13-1224 will also be disallowed from the trading post (this includes any form of a magazine "kit"/"repair kit"). Additionally, any extensions that would bring the capacity of all available magazines which fit that extension over the limits in HB13-1224 are disallowed from the trading post.
    To ensure we remain in compliance with Colorado laws, and that everyone is aware that these laws will be followed, we insist on the FFL statement on every firearm listed for sale/trade unless said firearm is subject to the C&R exception provided under the law.

Additonally, our rules clearly state that NO MAG KITS are allowed to be offered through our site. We realize that many retail establishments in the state offer these kits but it is our belief that they violate the law and, as such, they are prohibited here. If you feel the need to provide these to someone in private, away from the site, so be it; but this site will not be a party to it - PERIOD!

Every member of this site is a big boy or girl and should be accountable for your actions. The Staff has been especially lenient in handling these two rules violations. The laws that these rules were made to comply with have been actively on the books for nearly 4 1/2 years and we've had the rules in place equally as long so ignorance and forgetfulness can no longer be an affirmative defense for violating these rules. Every violator claims to have read but has certainly agreed to these rules. In the future you can count yourself lucky if you violate these rules and only have your thread removed and your post in the "Read & Ack" rules thread removed. If I were you I'd count on a site time out as well.

It's funny that many of the same folks who claim the Staff enforces the rules unevenly and with bias are often the same ones claiming forgetfulness and asking for leniency when they violate the rules. The Staff takes no pleasure in being the heavy when it's time to enforce the rules of this site. To avoid getting on the wrong side of things I encourage everyone to routinely review the site rules and endeavor to follow the rules. This will help to ensure you and the Staff will have an enjoyable experience on the site.

Good day.
    Ginsue - Admin
    Proud Infidel Since 1965

"Man does a lot better in hardship than he does in ease. He does a lot better in adversity than he does in luxury." - Anonymous WWII Veteran. ~Sep 2018

Ginsue's Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrey View Post
    Alrighty, here's the next round.

I have just waded through the Private Party Firearms for Sale thread, and I lost count at the number of posts that I had to fix.

So, once more:

When you sell your item, click on the little triangle at the lower right side of the frame (hovering the mouse over it will reveal "report post") and send us a note saying that it has sold.

Do NOT change the title to say "sold". Do not change all the entries to say "sold". (Or "withdrawn" or "changed mind" or "keeping" or anything else.) This is not helpful, although the thought is appreciated. We need to do some admin things with the thread, and it's not something that non-Mods can do.

Let us know, and we'll take it from there.

If you've been here a while and you persist in marching to the beat of your own drummer (and I'm going to start keeping track in a file labelled "DAMMIT!",) we're going to have us a come-to-Jesus-Meeting.

OKAY?
    This again. I've been noticing a lot of people modifying their original post to "Sold" or "Withdrawn" or whatever. Please don't do that. Just click on the small triangle with an exclamation point in it, and report the post with whatever this issue is.

Thank you.

Feedback for TheGrey

Grand Master Know It All sellersm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrey View Post
    This again. I've been noticing a lot of people modifying their original post to "Sold" or "Withdrawn" or whatever. Please don't do that. Just click on the small triangle with an exclamation point in it, and report the post with whatever this issue is.

Thank you.
    May I make a suggestion? When you click on the 'report this post triangle icon', there's a text box and below that text box are these words: "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Is there anyway to change the text displayed, and add some text that gives the instructions you've mentioned in the quote above?

It's probably just me, but when I did this process for the first time, I was a bit confused because of the wording below the text box, stating that this is ONLY to be used to report spam, etc. etc...

Thanks for reading!
    http://disciplejourney.com

Make men large and strong and tyranny will bankrupt itself in making shackles for them.” – Rev. Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887) US Abolitionist Preacher

CIPCIP

That's Vbulletin wording and I dont think it can be changed but ill double check with the guys with the cool buttons and switches
    Ultimately all a person has to do is put found/sold/traded/withdrawn.
    Last edited by Mazin; 07-09-2018 at 17:07.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    كفّار
    My Feedback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sellersm View Post
    May I make a suggestion? When you click on the 'report this post triangle icon', there's a text box and below that text box are these words: "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Is there anyway to change the text displayed, and add some text that gives the instructions you've mentioned in the quote above?

It's probably just me, but when I did this process for the first time, I was a bit confused because of the wording below the text box, stating that this is ONLY to be used to report spam, etc. etc...

Thanks for reading!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazin View Post
    That's Vbulletin wording and I dont think it can be changed but ill double check with the guys with the cool buttons and switches
    Ultimately all a person has to do is put found/sold/traded/withdrawn.
    Well, it only took me 2 hours and TONS of Googling to figure out how to change it, but the text now says:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts as well as any Trading Post thread requiring moderation."
    Ginsue - Admin
    Proud Infidel Since 1965

"Man does a lot better in hardship than he does in ease. He does a lot better in adversity than he does in luxury." - Anonymous WWII Veteran. ~Sep 2018

Ginsue's Feedback

Grand Master Know It All sellersm's Avatar

Thanks Ginsue! Sorry I can't give you back those 2 hours... I hope this will be helpful moving forward! Appreciate everything you all do for the site and its members!!
    http://disciplejourney.com

Make men large and strong and tyranny will bankrupt itself in making shackles for them.” – Rev. Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887) US Abolitionist Preacher

CIPCIP

Blog Entries

No worries brother; it's all a labor of love. And it's members like you that make it worth it.

I used the "Report Post" on my own thread above and appended the instructions for how I did it to save for later Staff use should it become needed again. I then went into my reported post in the mod section and added screen captures. I think, should we have to do something like this again, we'll be set for how to do it quickly next time.

It's funny that you brought up the content of the message. I noticed that about a week ago and didn't like that it was so limited. Of course, since at the time I thought I was the only one with issues with it, I wasn't motivated to figure out how to change it.
    Ginsue - Admin
    Proud Infidel Since 1965

Ginsue's Feedback

Alright. I'm going to try and be nice when saying this AGAIN, and I hope the offenders of this policy recognize themselves and STOP CHANGING YOUR ORIGINAL POST.

STOP IT, RIGHT NOW.

I don't give a damn if you have sold it, have withdrawn it, want to modify anything about it...JUST DON'T.

Before you edit, move your cursor to the small triangle with the exclamation point, located at the bottom of the post frame. Click it and report the post to the mods. In the space provided, type your explanation. It can be a single word: "sold", "withdrawn", "traded," and the like.

I understand Tapatalk doesn't provide the little triangle-report-icon; in that case, PM a mod and ask them to close the specific thread you're asking about. If you have more than one thread in the TP, please be specific which one you need closed.

Those of you primitive screwheads that continue to keep deleting your posts and putting 'sold' or 'withdrawn' instead of simply reporting them as we are asking are going to be sorry. Don't make me pull this thing over.

Feedback for TheGrey