Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    How are we looking? Seems a decent forecast on hand, relatively clear and kinda cold (though not compared to what it's been lately ). Be nice to get out and shoot again, assuming the weather cooperates...
    No news is always good news.

Really.

I know it sounds crazy, but it is just the way it is.
    Measuring a summers day
    I only find it slips away to grey
    The hours, they bring me pain

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

That...was...AWESOME!

I was finally able to attend one of these matches and was not disappointed. Yeah I got there too early and found myself shoveling the snow, but man was it worth it. And it looks like I missed all that ski traffic too. It was smooth sailing all the way from Denver. Maybe being early isn't so bad after all.

The ROs I met there were super polite and very professional. That made the experience that much more positive. Everyone in the squad were really nice people as well. I enjoyed meeting you all!

Now I can't wait until next month...even knowing the CoF will be much more difficult than today!

cya's

Just FYI, FRIDPA and IDPA have a deal where if you join both at the same time you get a discount. You may want to contact the FRIDPA folks, such as Mick, and see it you can still get in on the deal. I think they'd be accommodating that way. For contact info see the FRIDPA site.

Don't forget USPSA as a shooting alternative/compliment as well. There are quite a few more USPSA matches held in the region at a large number of ranges, and while you have to deal with the different set of rules, it still provides a great opportunity to learn 'action' shooting. Google Eastern Colorado USPSA ('ECOUSPSA'), High Plains Practical Shooters and Pikes Peak Practical Shooters.

Finally, it's possible FRIDPA will hold its classifier earlier than July this year in response to the Colorado State Championship being held in May vs August as it was last year. If that's the case, then you'll qualify to do the state match, the NM (Oct) and possibly even the AZ (Apr) state championships. It's a mathematical fact:

more shooting = more fun
    K0FK
    IDPA A35633
    USPSA A64336
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead

National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

I'm planning to bring a newbie up tomorrow. Is there any indication as to whether there will be a new shooter safety course held? I've emailed fridpa@juno.com and haven't heard back.
    9mm - because they don't make a 9.1mm

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Llama View Post
    I'm planning to bring a newbie up tomorrow. Is there any indication as to whether there will be a new shooter safety course held? I've emailed fridpa@juno.com and haven't heard back.
    As far as I know the match is on. I have not heard any grumblings of a cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    How often are the new shooter intro classes offered?
    “New to IDPA” shooter classes are offered prior to every FR IDPA Match and are free of charge. We do ask that you contact us to let us know that you will be coming. Show up by 7:30 and we will have someone available to run you through the ins and outs of IDPA. If you have an IPSC classification or have proof that you have competed in an IDPA match somewhere else, the class is not required.
    Measuring a summers day
    I only find it slips away to grey
    The hours, they bring me pain

Pickles; the Camel Kisser Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I noticed that tomorrow's match is the Classifier. I'm not a member of IDPA. Can I still shoot it? I've shot IDPA and similar matches before.

If I MUST be a member, can I sign up before the match?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

Absolutely, you may shoot. You just won't get the official IDPA ranking if you choose to shoot in an official match. By official match, I mean one that is a Regional/State championship or the like.
    Sticks

(Catchy sig line coming soon)

Blog Entries

Yeah, I scored as a Novice. My raw time was 176ish, but after all the misses, it went up to 222. I guess I needed to be at 210 to get above Novice.

Blog Entries

Default August Match

Man, this match was pretty rough. Every stage was all one handed. I did NOT like Stage 2 on the bridge; that one was rough. I'd actually like to do Stage 2 next month, but be able to shoot with both hands.

Sticks, which one are you? It seems like you are always there, but I have no idea who you are.

Agreed that it was super-rough.

But that's why I shoot IDPA - to find holes in my training, and to keep myself continually off-guard. Guess I know what I'm adding to practice time now.

I still have nightmares about a stage last year with a "buffet line" containing gangsters and no-shoots, with the shooter continually moving at the front. That one was fun.
    9mm - because they don't make a 9.1mm