Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Former Shooter

Also I only do this on my precision rifle ammo , no way I'd mess with it loading AR ammo .

Well I put in my order for the Girard and they say I can expect it in June, yikes. It was a toss up, I really liked the models with the turntable and being able to do multiple cartridge types but am concerned about some that don't turn the case as as they are heated. The model I really like ran about a grand and that just seamed a bit steep. Does yours pause or index while undergoing heating? Which model did you get? Do you notice any differences in bullet seating tension?

Quote Originally Posted by IceAxe View Post
    Well I put in my order for the Girard and they say I can expect it in June, yikes. It was a toss up, I really liked the models with the turntable and being able to do multiple cartridge types but am concerned about some that don't turn the case as as they are heated. The model I really like ran about a grand and that just seamed a bit steep. Does yours pause or index while undergoing heating? Which model did you get? Do you notice any differences in bullet seating tension?
    I have the Giraud and am very happy. I ordered 223, 308, 338 and 50 BMG conversions for it as well.

Dont forget to order some templaq.
    I have a bad bad feeling
    that my baby dont live here no more

Former Shooter

As far as I know Bench Source only has the one model . The shell plate indexes each case and there is a small turntable that spins the case in the torches .

The neck tension while seating is the biggest thing that is noticeable , they are all way more consistent than UN appealed brass where you get some stiff and some loose and everything in between .

I have to agree the Bench Source looks like the best platform, I have an email into them asking for the cost and time to ship. If I can find a timely alternative I might move in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    I have the Giraud and am very happy. I ordered 223, 308, 338 and 50 BMG conversions for it as well.

Dont forget to order some templaq.
    I have the Giraurd trimmer and have been very satisfied with the workmanship. My only concern with the Giraurd Annealer is the way the cartridge falls after being annealed ? I thought I would have them drop into some water for fear of the cartridge falling on the hot mouth or neck. Have you had any issues with the way the cases drop? Also do you have sufficient control over the duration of the heat cycle?

Former Shooter

IIRC Mine was 550ish , they told me they assembled them in batches when the parts arrived . When i ordered mine they had it in stock . The 2 torches and spinning the case and the multiple calibers with the one shell plate is what sold me on it .

Quote Originally Posted by C Ward View Post
    IIRC Mine was 550ish , they told me they assembled them in batches when the parts arrived . When i ordered mine they had it in stock . The 2 torches and spinning the case and the multiple calibers with the one shell plate is what sold me on it .
    Well I finally got a reply from Bench Source and they stated they had them in stock and ready to ship so I went ahead and ordered. Debating whether I should cancel the Giruard or just have two. It really is a sickness.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IceAxe View Post
    Well I finally got a reply from Bench Source and they stated they had them in stock and ready to ship so I went ahead and ordered. Debating whether I should cancel the Giruard or just have two. It really is a sickness.
    Good Things come to Those who Wait.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

I received the Bench Source Machine last night and must say it looks well built. I ordered the Tempilaq on the same day I ordered the Annealing machine so hopefully it gets here soon. I can't wait to test this thing out.